Thread: Kernel panic on boot

Default Kernel panic on boot

I have seen this or something very similar on a few boots recently. Today was the latest following a zypper dup of my TW KDE system. This time I took a photo of the crash on screen as nothing seems to be saved anywhere when I do get the system back (as now typing this) as eventually the system boots. I'll post the photo (not very clear as it was on my phone) in the hope that someone will be able to give me an idea as to why this happens.

Stuart

Default Re: Kernel panic on boot

did you try to remove mouse from usb? I know it's sound silly, but one day have same problem with mic plugged into usb.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

No I did not, I only have USB mouse and keyboard which actually are through a KVM switch. The system eventually re-boots OK with nothing done to it to try to fix the issue.

Stuart

It crashes in saa7134 driver which is driver for video card. Does it happen if you boot previous kernels?

I did wonder about that device, yes it crashes on both installed kernels but not all the time. After a while it boots OK and the device shows up OK and works.

Stuart