Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leap 15 Beta - Build 127.1 - Please post any initial comments here

Default Leap 15 Beta - Build 127.1 - Please post any initial comments here

The Leap 15 Beta test build 127.1 was published 2018 Calendar Week 7: <https://download.opensuse.org/distri...leap/15.0/iso/>.

The roadmap is here: <https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap>.
    Draft schedule:
    February 2018: Beta phase
    April/May: RC phase
    May: Release

Feel free to use this thread for any initial comments.

Default Re: Leap 15 Beta - Build 127.1 - Please post any initial comments here

And today Build 128.1 was released:
    https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-.../msg00458.html

Again a new thread?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Again a new thread?
    My question too. I suggest we stick to one thread per "phase" .. , builds can appear daily ...
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Blog Entries

I updated to 127.1 yesterday evening. And this morning I went to 128.1.

Here's the problem I am having. I am not getting an IPv4 address. This was working fine before the update to 127.1. And I'll note that I have the same problem with recent Tumbleweed.

This is using "wicked". I do get an IPv4 address if I use NetworkManager. And Leap 42.3 on the same computer gets an IPv4 address. It is happening on two computers. However, I also have Leap 15 in a virtual machine under KVM, and that virtual machine has no problem getting an IP address.

I'll be reporting a bug soon.

*** to wolfi's question -- no, I don't think we need a new thread for every build.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I'll be reporting a bug soon.
    Bug 1080832 Wicked is not acquiring an IPv4 address with DHCP since recent update

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    *** to wolfi's question -- no, I don't think we need a new thread for every build.
    Definitely not.
    My question was actually meant a bit sarcastic...

This thread has "Build 127.1" in the title now, which may be confusing I think.
    But whatever, let's stick to this now.

Definitely not.
    ... I think most of us will already understand that, but we still sarcastically agree.
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net

Cool Re: Leap 15 Beta - Build 127.1 - Please post any initial comments here

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    ... I think most of us will already understand that, but we still sarcastically agree.
    #MeToo:

May be if someone with privileges could change the "Build 127.1" in the title to something like "February - March builds"

Looking at the initial thread, these Beta test threads will possibly become quite long and unwieldy if they're not broken up into shorter time-spans.

Best regards
    DCu

I tried to install openSUSE 15.0 (129.1) on a laptop with the following specs:

• Intel Core i7-7820HK KabyLake-CPU
    • Intel HD Graphics 630
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card
    • LG 3840x2160 IPS-display
    • In the UEFI one of the following options can be choosen to control the graphic cards
    • DISCRET - the Intel HD Graphics 630 gets disabled and only the NVIDIA card is active
    • MSHYBRID - OPTIMUS-setup

To start with: openSUSE 42.2 and 42.3 work fine (with graphic-cards-option set to "MSHYBRID") on that machine.

With openSUSE 15.0 129.1 the installation system does not come up at all when the graphic-cards-option is set to "MSHYBRID". Adding "nomodeset acpi_os_name=Linux 3" or any combination of those in grub (at the end of the line that starts with linuxefi) makes no difference. With openSUSE 42.3 i only had to add "3" in grub and the installer would start in non-graphical-mode.

Setting the graphic-cards-option to "DISCRETE" and adding "nomodeset" in grub allows to install (and then run) openSUSE 15.0 129.1 (with KDE as desktop) without any problems.

However switching the graphic-cards-option to "MSHYBRID" will cause the system to end up with a "blinking" screen after boot (although bumblebee is installed and enabled).

Before i give more details i have a few basic questions:

Is openSUSE 15.0 129.1 "mature" enough so that it is worth to look deeper into the problem described or would it be better to wait for a more "mature" version?
    Is this here the correct forum to discuss my problem in detail?

Thank you very much.

Regards

susejunky

Blog Entries

I've started playing with Wayland and KDE. To try that, you need to install the "plasma5-session-wayland" package. I am using SDDM for login.

When I last tried KDE/Wayland, I could see that it was not ready for prime time. That was several months ago on Tumbleweed.

Now -- perhaps still not ready for prime time, but it is getting pretty close. Most of what I have tried does work. There are a few bugs.

The mouse pointer is larger with Wayland than with X11. I prefer the X11 size.

On login, "ssh-agent" is not automatically started with Wayland (it is started when using X11). This is probably an openSUSE bug rather than a KDE bug. My workaround is to start it in my shell startup file.

A couple of obvious bugs:
    • If I open "Info Center", I can look at graphics. If I click on Wayland, and after looking there I click on OpenGL, then "Info Center" takes a segmentation fault (i.e. crashes).
    • If I open "Configure Desktop", and then "Input Devices", the touchpad settings are grayed out. The setting to disable touchpad if a mouse is plugged in -- that doesn't work. But the "Fn" key combination to disable touchpad does work. If I click on the "Mouse" tab of "Input Devices", then the settings window disappears (presumably crashes silently).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast