Thread: Thunderbird 52.6.1 fails to save exceptions for remote content after program

Default Thunderbird 52.6.1 fails to save exceptions for remote content after program

Thunderbird has suddenly forgotten all of my security exceptions concerning remote content. I went through my inbox, adding each again. Remote content showed correctly for each message until I closed and restarted Thunderbird. Then all exceptions were lost again when I checked. File permissions for my .thunderbird folder have not changed as far as I can tell. This may have occurred several days ago. I had assumed that the content was failing to show because of network problems until I noticed the "content" bar this evening.
    I have tried the OSS repo version and also the Tumbleweed Mozilla repo version with identical results. I am also posting this on the Mozilla forum as perhaps it is a new bug.

Default Re: Thunderbird 52.6.1 fails to save exceptions for remote content after program

I'm still experiencing this.

It looks like someone reported it as a bug to openSUSE a few days ago: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1084603

Unhappy Re: Thunderbird 52.6.1 fails to save exceptions for remote content after program

I too am experiencing this. Still.

Yes, I read the Thunderbird support page.

Thunderbird 52.8.0 (64-bit). OpenSuse Leap 42.3, KDE Plasma 5.8.7.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Benno Hansen, M.Sc., Journalist