Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20

    Default [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Hi,

    Trying to switch to the application dashboard from application launcher, but for some reason I can't add/remove anything in the favorites. Works fine with other App launchers though and the dashboard does show favorites if I set it up with another application launcher.
    Tried to delete the content of ~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/ and also removed ~/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc, rebooted, but the same problem.
    Plasma 5.11.95, Nvidia 390.25 driver.

    Short clip here: https://youtu.be/M6N3zJeSYqg

  2. #2

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    If you wouldn't mind filing a bug report, it'd help yourself and the community. The KDE team is responsive and can help you sort through things, but we also need every bug report we can get right now in order to iron out Plasma 5.11.95 issues before the Leap 15 release in a few months

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by tull3 View Post
    If you wouldn't mind filing a bug report, it'd help yourself and the community. The KDE team is responsive and can help you sort through things, but we also need every bug report we can get right now in order to iron out Plasma 5.11.95 issues before the Leap 15 release in a few months
    Sure, was hoping that its not a bug tbh

  4. #4

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    I would probably wait with a bug report until 5.12 final though, which has been released today and is also already accepted to Factory.
    So should be in the next TW snapshot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    I would probably wait with a bug report until 5.12 final though, which has been released today and is also already accepted to Factory.
    So should be in the next TW snapshot.
    Dang.... https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079653

  6. #6

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    And in the future, please report such a problem at bugs.kde.org (in particular if it's about Tumbleweed, which always gets the latest upstream versions anyway).

    openSUSE only packages what the KDE developers release...

  7. #7

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Btw, I can reproduce the problem with 5.11.95 here.

    I'll try with 5.12.0 final later (maybe tomorrow), I'm currently installing it...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Btw, I can reproduce the problem with 5.11.95 here.

    I'll try with 5.12.0 final later (maybe tomorrow), I'm currently installing it...
    Right, I was cross testing with my wife's KDE Neon box with 5.11.5 was working fine, then upgraded to 5.12 just now and still works fine. Could not test with 5.11.95, but hope that 5.12 fixes this issue on TW.
    I just upgraded my TW box btw, but haven't seen KDE update (yet).

  9. #9

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by nooke4000 View Post
    I just upgraded my TW box btw, but haven't seen KDE update (yet).
    It's not in the repo yet, but will be with the next snapshot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: [PLASMA] Can't manage favorites in Application Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    It's not in the repo yet, but will be with the next snapshot.
    Superb, will keep an eye out. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •