Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOG - X Rebirth install - KDE

Default GOG - X Rebirth install - KDE

In MSWIN10, GOG "X Rebirth" freezes after about 3-10 mins. I can't get anywhere.

How do I install "X Rebirth" in OPENSUSE Leap 42.3? Also, I have the two downloaded modules.

Need help...

Default Re: GOG - X Rebirth install - KDE

There is a linux version of X-Rebirth. Are you using the correct download?

GOG downloads
    -------------------------

x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh main file

x_rebirth_home_of_light_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh module

x_rebirth_teladi_outpost_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh module

I tried on the command line in superuser mode, using the above lines, higher permissions needed. Enter superuser mode. Same result. ??

./filename.sh same result. ??

./x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing X: Rebirth (GOG.com) 100%
    Collecting info for this system...
    Operating system: linux
    CPU Arch: x86_64
    trying mojosetup in bin/linux/x86_64
    USING en_US

(mojosetup:3765): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(mojosetup:3765): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(continues)

Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    GOG downloads
    -------------------------

x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh main file

x_rebirth_home_of_light_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh module

x_rebirth_teladi_outpost_dlc_en_gog_3_16977.sh module

I tried on the command line in superuser mode, using the above lines, higher permissions needed. Enter superuser mode. Same result. ??

./filename.sh same result. ??
    I really wouldn't recommend running shell scripts you downloaded from the internet as root unless you want to bork your system
    ./x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing X: Rebirth (GOG.com) 100%
    Collecting info for this system...
    Operating system: linux
    CPU Arch: x86_64
    trying mojosetup in bin/linux/x86_64
    USING en_US

(continues)

nothing wrong there just some warning messages related to the gtk theme you use you can always change the grk theme and/or ignore those messages
    did the download come with a readme file?
    do you have enough space in your /home and/or / partitions as you ran that shell installer both as ordinary user and root it could be the redistributable files are over compressed and need a lot of time to decompress or you could be running out of space?
    just run the shell installer as an ordinary user and wait, the waiting time will depend on your hardware
    Code:
    sh x_rebirth_en_4_30_16978.sh

I installed in normal user mode and the install works. I clicked on the icon and it showed an error. I opened a terminal window from the icon properties. When I started 'start.h', I received this output.

Code:
    > sh start.sh
    Running X: Rebirth
    Language detected: English
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/username\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/username\nGames\nRebirth’: Permission denied
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/username/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/username/GOG Games/X Rebirth/game/support/drdump/drdump.ini': No such file or directory
    Elephant Memory Manager Initialized with 0MB
    Elephant Memory Manager Name And Callstack Base Address is 0x142a2b9
    Elephant Memory Manager Mode: Resizable Mode, Has small heap: No, 64bit, Version: 1.7.3
    Heap Resize Generic 0x0x7f48c774e000 to 0x0x7f48d174dfc0
    ======================================
    File I/O: Could not find file './etc\xml\catalog'
    FileIORequest::WaitForResult() Failed './etc\xml\catalog' with 3
    XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: etc/xml/catalog
    File I/O: Could not find file './t\0002'
    FileIORequest::WaitForResult() Failed './t\0002' with 3
    XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: t/0002
    Error parsing text file t/0002 with libxml2
    ./testandlaunch: line 32:  8297 Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) ./$cmd "$@"

I installed in normal user mode and the install works. I clicked on the icon and it showed an error. I opened a terminal window from the icon properties. When I started 'start.h', I received this output.

Code:
    > sh start.sh
    Running X: Rebirth
    Language detected: English
    Elephant Memory Manager Initialized with 0MB
    Elephant Memory Manager Name And Callstack Base Address is 0x142a2b9
    Elephant Memory Manager Mode: Resizable Mode, Has small heap: No, 64bit, Version: 1.7.3
    Heap Resize Generic 0x0x7f48c774e000 to 0x0x7f48d174dfc0
    File I/O: Could not find file './etc\xml\catalog'
    FileIORequest::WaitForResult() Failed './etc\xml\catalog' with 3
    XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: etc/xml/catalog
    File I/O: Could not find file './t\0002'
    FileIORequest::WaitForResult() Failed './t\0002' with 3
    XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: t/0002
    Error parsing text file t/0002 with libxml2
    ./testandlaunch: line 32:  8297 Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) ./$cmd "$@"
    the above errors suggest install didn't finish successfully '
    the mkdir error suggest a permission issue I'm guessing you are trying to install the game in your home folder and not in another user's home ?

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    the above errors suggest install didn't finish successfully '
    the mkdir error suggest a permission issue I'm guessing you are trying to install the game in your home folder and not in another user's home ?
    There is only one user, myself. I block external logins. I tried to install to my home directory, not in superuser mode. I have a 'GOG games' directory in my home directory.

a google search reveals this
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/...43320356863036
    apparently it's a driver/mesa issue
    that's an old thread as LEAP comes with mesa 17.0.5
    it's probably a video card/driver issue what driver do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    a google search reveals this
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/...43320356863036
    apparently it's a driver/mesa issue
    that's an old thread as LEAP comes with mesa 17.0.5
    it's probably a video card/driver issue what driver do you have?
    I'm testing it on my 10 year old laptop, opensuse 42.3, and with a video card. It too slow for any game newer than 10-15 years old. I'll assume it's using mesa. I might be able to run empire earth gold edition.

My tower is not working. So, I can't test with a modern video card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast