Thread: KDE taskbar missing on external display

Default KDE taskbar missing on external display

I recently did an in place network upgrade from Leap 42.3 to Tumbleweed.

If I boot up connected to an external display, my taskbar is missing. It looks like it's always there if I boot to the laptop display and it comes back if I switch between the laptop and external display.

Any suggestions? This is an irritant, not a show stopper.

Default Re: KDE taskbar missing on external display

If you wouldn't mind filing a bug report, it'd help yourself and the community. The KDE team is responsive and can help you sort through things, but we also need every bug report we can get right now in order to iron out Plasma 5.11.95 issues before the Leap 15 release in a few months.

I opened a bug report, https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079718

No action and problem persists.

Looks like If I switch displays once, I get laptop and external with no bar, 2nd switch gets laptop with bar, 3rd switch puts it on the external display with toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by pborowicz View Post
    I opened a bug report, https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079718

No action and problem persists.
    It would be better to report it at bugs.kde.org though.
    That's where the software is developed, and the people who wrote it should be in a better position to investigate and fix your problem.
    openSUSE just packages what KDE releases, and this is likely *NO* packaging error.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 16-Feb-2018 at 12:08.