Bumblebee is not working anymore

Hi all,
yesterday night I noticed that bumblebee was not working (I get the same error as this guy: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/529312-Bumblebee-issue-with-Opensuse-leap-42-3).
So I uninstalled bumblebee + nvidia drivers and reinstalled them as suggested by the wiki.
It still doesn’t work:

luca@Luca-PC:~> optirun --status
Bumblebee status: Ready (3.2.1). X inactive. Discrete video card is off.

luca@Luca-PC:~> optirun bash
51.949905] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: Could not load GPU driver

51.949951] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.
luca@Luca-PC:~>

What should I do? Thank you very much

Note: I don’t have nvidia-bumblebee package installed.

I’m a bit confused by your initial statement

So I uninstalled bumblebee + nvidia drivers and reinstalled them as suggested by the wiki.

and the next which says

Note: I don’t have nvidia-bumblebee package installed.

Can you start by showing us what you do have installed?

zypper se -si nvidia

Yeah, I told that I don’t have nvidia-bumblebee package installed because the guy that posted this Bumblebee issue with Opensuse leap 42.3 - Hardware - openSUSE Forums solved by unistalling this package.

Here is the output of sudo zypper se -si nvidia:

luca@Luca-PC:~> sudo zypper se -si nvidia
S | Nome                      | Tipo      | Versione              | Arch.  | Repository              
--+---------------------------+-----------+-----------------------+--------+------------------------
i | nvidia-computeG04         | pacchetto | 384.111-3.1           | x86_64 | nVidia Graphics Drivers
i | nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default | pacchetto | 384.111_k4.4.76_1-3.1 | x86_64 | nVidia Graphics Drivers
i | nvidia-glG04              | pacchetto | 384.111-3.1           | x86_64 | nVidia Graphics Drivers
i | x11-video-nvidiaG04       | pacchetto | 384.111-3.1           | x86_64 | nVidia Graphics Drivers

In absence of any Bumblebee users replying with advice, I would consider removing the nvidia packages, reboot, and start over following the guide instructions explicitly.

Already tried this a couple of times, no luck :frowning:

When you say ‘no luck’, what do you mean? Can you be a bit more definitive? I don’t have hybrid graphics, so can only offer general advice, but I know that the guide has quite specific instructions.

Just so that we have your graphics hardware details, please report back with the output from the following command…

/usr/sbin/hwinfo --gfxcard

Hey I eventually solved my issue by restoring the xorg.conf (I’ve just removed my xorg.conf and replaced it with xorg.conf.install) now everything is working. Thank you :slight_smile:

Ok, but be aware that is only used for install purposes, so not configured to support your hybrid graphics drivers AFAIU.

I know that it is only used for install purposes, but it is the only one X configuration that works with bumblebee in my case.

So, if you remove it (or rename it) are you saying bumblebee no longer works? (I’m surprised that any Xorg configuration is required.)

Yes, exactly.