Thread: New TW Splashscreen

Cool New TW Splashscreen

So I just installed TW again (distro-hopping as per usual) and I am really digging the new outlined Geeko in a light bulb . Pity TW is so fast on my hardware I only get to see it for a split second .
    I plastered all these walls with colour...

Default Re: New TW Splashscreen

Hi!
    Haven't test Tumbleweed latest but I notice the same in Leap15. The same has also change the state to "beta".

http://jodo.nu/pic5/Spec19.jpg

Sorry for the lousy printscreen(a pause'd in VB). Maybe it is time to test Leap15 beta on real iron soon. It would not come out any "official" call for testing if I have read it right?

Never mind.

Best regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Do you mean the new-new one with the lightbulb upside down, so that the gecko is up top? Truth be told I preferred the one just prior to this, with a less cartoony/saturated look, where the gecko was at the bottom. I have a wallpaper with the same image that makes it so when the DE fades in, it looks really natural, like the lightbulb is still there but now so are all the widgets/containers. The change means now I have to change wallpapers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by applebaps View Post
    Do you mean the new-new one with the lightbulb upside down, so that the gecko is up top? Truth be told I preferred the one just prior to this, with a less cartoony/saturated look, where the gecko was at the bottom. I have a wallpaper with the same image that makes it so when the DE fades in, it looks really natural, like the lightbulb is still there but now so are all the widgets/containers. The change means now I have to change wallpapers, lol.
    To be honest I just saw it briefly and not again after (had to come to work ). I have to assume it is the new-new one and I believe the lightbulb was now orientated with the screw in part to the bottom (no clue where Geeko was). I liked it . I also like the default TW wallpaper, "Shields up!".

Quote Originally Posted by nlsthzn View Post
    To be honest I just saw it briefly and not again after (had to come to work ). I have to assume it is the new-new one and I believe the lightbulb was now orientated with the screw in part to the bottom (no clue where Geeko was). I liked it . I also like the default TW wallpaper, "Shields up!".
    I run an a (stupid) on the left on the road. Cape Town and a lot of.. Who are drive on the left of road in to? High riser in the sout and by:

http://jodo.nu/pic5/s6305178.jpg

Yeh.. well in.. Home in Sweden.

Regards.
    I'm shameless like others in the forum -was I to any help or made sense? If yes: click the on the star below to the left. Written whit a ;-) in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte1 View Post
    I run an a (stupid) on the left on the road. Cape Town and a lot of.. Who are drive on the left of road in to? High riser in the sout and by:

http://jodo.nu/pic5/s6305178.jpg

Yeh.. well in.. Home in Sweden.

Regards.
    Sadly this is the second image you have shared that I can't open (behind a company firewall of nope ).

After testing both Tumbleweed and Leap 15 in virtualbox machines, I liked the new Plymouth, SDDM and Plasma Splash Screen. Does anyone know if there is a chance that we on 42.3 are able to use it?
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer." Ha-Joon Chang
    openSUSE 15.1 4.12.14-lp151.28.16-default x64

I'd think better of the new lightbulb if the filament weren't an open circuit - difficult to get light if the bulb is burned out.
    Use the Source, Luke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBaltz View Post
    I'd think better of the new lightbulb if the filament weren't an open circuit - difficult to get light if the bulb is burned out.
    Small details.

I rather like the new light bulb for its elegant simplicity. I'm ignoring the lack of a complete circuit, though it was the first thing that I noticed.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Small details.

I rather like the new light bulb for its elegant simplicity. I'm ignoring the lack of a complete circuit, though it was the first thing that I noticed.
    ... hmmm. Maybe "they" want to keep you in the dark?
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net