Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Configure Desktop seems not to work now

Default Configure Desktop seems not to work now

Running TW KDE with latest fixes and this morning I wanted to change some desktop settings so went to Configure Desktop but on opening the screen I am presented with the Wallpaper tab which says 'Layout changes must be applied before other changes can be made' with an Apply button beneath. However I've not made any changes (yet) and hitting Apply does not unlock the other tab options for me to select. The Wallpaper screen is empty apart from the message and button.

Anyone any ideas please?

Stuart

Default Re: Configure Desktop seems not to work now

Did you use "zypper dup" to update?

Plasma has been upgraded to 5.12 beta, maybe not all packages got updated in your case.
    Might be a bug in the beta though.

Just to be clear: you mean Plasma's "Configure Desktop", i.e. you click on the "cashew" in the desktop's top-left corner and choose "Configure Desktop"?

I did try a second zypper dup but it came back nothing to do. Yes either opening via the 'cashew' or right click on the desktop to open, both fail.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by broadstairs View Post
    Yes either opening via the 'cashew' or right click on the desktop to open, both fail.
    Works fine here (Leap 42.3 with latest Qt5, KDE Frameworks5 and Plasma, i.e. the same versions as in Tumbleweed).

The dialog looks normal, only if I do make a change to the "Layout" the mentioned message appears. If I then click on "Apply Now" (or the normal "Apply" button), the layout change is applied and the dialog restarts showing all options again.

So, have you actually tried to click on "Apply"?
    Maybe you did change the layout by mistake? (or maybe Plasma just thinks it has been changed, might point to a "broken" config file I suppose...)

Have the same issue in Fedora27 KDE after recent update. Strange that Google finds only few such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerZ View Post
    Have the same issue in Fedora27 KDE after recent update. Strange that Google finds only few such cases.
    Interesting, I have F27 in a VM so will update it and test.

Stuart

Wolfi do you off-hand know which config file might be a problem? I could try deleting it and see what happens. Also I use wallpaper of my own kept in a folder in my home directory. Could that be an issue?

Stuart

Wolfi do you off-hand know which config file might be a problem? I could try deleting it and see what happens.
    ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

But note that this contains all configured widgets and their settings as well.

Also I use wallpaper of my own kept in a folder in my home directory. Could that be an issue?
    I'd find that unlikely.

But you could try to create a fresh user account to rule out all odds...

Well I tried a new user and when I logged into it I have the same issue, however the desktop did not come up as they normally do with a panel at the bottom etc. Anyway I have switched back to my normal login and that now is missing the plasma stuff normally in the systray so something is not right with plasma. My F27 VM does not exhibit the issue but this is a new system with nothing added etc as far as widgets or desktop config goes. I did try adding a custom wallpaper but it still all works. Nothing to do as far as any updates are concerned on my oS TW system.

Stuart

Well I tried a new user and when I logged into it I have the same issue, however the desktop did not come up as they normally do with a panel at the bottom etc. Anyway I have switched back to my normal login and that now is missing the plasma stuff normally in the systray so something is not right with plasma.
    Hm, I don't see this either here.
    Though I haven't tried a fresh user account myself yet...

My F27 VM does not exhibit the issue but this is a new system with nothing added etc as far as widgets or desktop config goes. I did try adding a custom wallpaper but it still all works.
    I don't really think F27 comes with Plasma 5.12 beta (i.e. 5.11.95) though, or does it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast