Thread: Updated after 3-month hiatus; now all my PyCharm projects and PlayOnLinux virtual drives are gone!

Exclamation Updated after 3-month hiatus; now all my PyCharm projects and PlayOnLinux virtual drives are gone!

Upon my return to this machine, my printer wasn't working, so I figured I'd do an update before I tackled that. So I opened up the Package Updater and updated some 2,000+ packages. Then I fixed my printer problem, and opened up PyCharm to do some work... but all my projects were gone. Empty. Blank slate, except for my settings staying the same. Entire /home/PycharmProjects folder wiped clean.

Ok, so scratch that plan; guess I'll boot up Photoshop via PlayOnLinux to do some pixel pushing instead. ... WRONG! Same story with PlayOnLinux: everything's entirely wiped.

What happened?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Updated after 3-month hiatus; now all my PyCharm projects and PlayOnLinux virtual drives are gon

Quote Originally Posted by esuse View Post
    Upon my return to this machine, my printer wasn't working, so I figured I'd do an update before I tackled that. So I opened up the Package Updater and updated some 2,000+ packages. Then I fixed my printer problem, and opened up PyCharm to do some work... but all my projects were gone. Empty. Blank slate, except for my settings staying the same. Entire /home/PycharmProjects folder wiped clean.

Ok, so scratch that plan; guess I'll boot up Photoshop via PlayOnLinux to do some pixel pushing instead. ... WRONG! Same story with PlayOnLinux: everything's entirely wiped.

What happened?
    Hi and welcome to the Forum
    For Tumbleweed the only way to update is via the command line and using zupper dup.... no package applets etc.. just command line. Suggest you run that command and see how it does.

Many many things would have changed in three months for Tumbleweed (38 snapshots released since 22/11/17)....

Have no idea, but an update would not touch home directories.... restore from your backup?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Updated after 3-month hiatus; now all my PyCharm projects and PlayOnLinux virtual drives are gon

Like Malcolm says, an upgrade/update should never touch your homedir. Never has on my machines,
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht