Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

  1. #1

    Default 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Hi,
    I have Leap 42.3 and I'm quite OK with it. Yesterday, it said there are 1600+ updates for my system. I've got to console and said "zypper up" to see details. And then I saw, that the system is trying to switch my Leap to Tumbleweed.
    No packets/distro updates were applied (except patches with new kernel 4.14, which ruined my system btw, had to rollback to old kernel).

    What could be the reason of such auto-switch and how to return to 42.3 back?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Der_user View Post
    Hi,
    I have Leap 42.3 and I'm quite OK with it. Yesterday, it said there are 1600+ updates for my system. I've got to console and said "zypper up" to see details. And then I saw, that the system is trying to switch my Leap to Tumbleweed.
    No packets/distro updates were applied (except patches with new kernel 4.14, which ruined my system btw, had to rollback to old kernel).

    What could be the reason of such auto-switch and how to return to 42.3 back?
    That will be because you've introduced a TW repo (perhaps inadvertently). Please report back with your repo list and wait for further advice.
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Enclose the output within code tags (refer to the '#' button in the forum editor).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    2,033

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    That will be because you've introduced a TW repo (perhaps inadvertently).
    Possibly by using a "One Click Install", you need to be careful with those.
    Regards, Paul

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,925
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Der_user View Post
    Hi,
    I have Leap 42.3 and I'm quite OK with it. Yesterday, it said there are 1600+ updates for my system. I've got to console and said "zypper up" to see details. And then I saw, that the system is trying to switch my Leap to Tumbleweed.
    No packets/distro updates were applied (except patches with new kernel 4.14, which ruined my system btw, had to rollback to old kernel).

    What could be the reason of such auto-switch and how to return to 42.3 back?
    Did you install with a btrfs filesystem for / ? If so, you can boot a previous snapshot.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Thank you! You were right - I used "one click install" once and picked up the extra-repo:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d|grep -i tum
     8 | http-download.opensuse.org-26c6228a | openSUSE:Factory                            | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
    After removing it the problem was gone. Thanks a lot! I'm sorry for being so stupid and forgetting obvious things)

    PS: no btrfs in the system

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    23,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Der_user View Post
    Thank you! You were right - I used "one click install" once and picked up the extra-repo:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d|grep -i tum
     8 | http-download.opensuse.org-26c6228a | openSUSE:Factory                            | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
    After removing it the problem was gone. Thanks a lot! I'm sorry for being so stupid and forgetting obvious things)

    PS: no btrfs in the system
    Think of it as a learning opportunity. Good to read that you've managed to sort it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: 42.3 is trying to update to Tumbleweed by itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Der_user View Post
    Hi,
    I have Leap 42.3 and I'm quite OK with it. Yesterday, it said there are 1600+ updates for my system. I've got to console and said "zypper up" to see details. And then I saw, that the system is trying to switch my Leap to Tumbleweed.
    No packets/distro updates were applied (except patches with new kernel 4.14, which ruined my system btw, had to rollback to old kernel).

    What could be the reason of such auto-switch and how to return to 42.3 back?
    I'm glad you posted this, as I had the exact same issue last night. I'm new, so had no idea what happened when i booted this morning. How exactly do I roll back to the old kernel?

    Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •