Thread: DivX MPEG 4

Default DivX MPEG 4

Hi guys!
    Yesterday I switched from Leap to Tumbleweed (fresh Gnome install) and I faced codecs issue. Totem won't play AVI file. It sais:" DivX MPEG-4 version 3 decoder is required to play the file,but it's not installed". I have installed multimedia codecs already and switched them from Pacman repos (usual proceedure) and nothing. Would you help me , please? Danke.
    P.S. don't suggest me to install VLC 'cause I really like Totem

Default Re: DivX MPEG 4

Install the packages gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon, gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon and gstreamer-plugins-libav (from Packman) to get all possible codecs.

If that still doesn't help, delete the gstreamer plugin cache, ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/.

Quote Originally Posted by duschaan View Post
    Hi guys!
    Yesterday I switched from Leap to Tumbleweed (fresh Gnome install) and I faced codecs issue. Totem won't play AVI file. It sais:" DivX MPEG-4 version 3 decoder is required to play the file,but it's not installed". I have installed multimedia codecs already and switched them from Pacman repos (usual proceedure) and nothing. Would you help me , please? Danke.
    P.S. don't suggest me to install VLC 'cause I really like Totem
    OT) Totem .... only Indian chief understands when it works

Install MPV that supports Mplayer and you will have no problems
    loyalty returns to those who practice it

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Install the packages gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon, gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon and gstreamer-plugins-libav (from Packman) to get all possible codecs.

If that still doesn't help, delete the gstreamer plugin cache, ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/.
    Thank you mate!! Had installed those plugins already, but removing gstreamer cache helped.