Thread: virtualbox can't import /export

Default virtualbox can't import /export

hi people , i use oracle on oracle linux 6.9 virtualbox ,
    when i update or make changes i would like to save it , for future , virtualbox on opensuse can't import /export , i always get error at the end
    (can't close ...still attached to ...)
    does any one know what is wrong?

Default Re: virtualbox can't import /export

maybe because it has another controller with vdmk image
    thx all

Blog Entries

Does your error look like what is described in this Virtualbox Forum thread?

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41630

Most common solution described in that thread is to create a new virtual machine using only the virtual disk.
    Additionally, you'll find a few posts referring to complications related to snapshots, one even deleted the snapshot files which of course means losing the information in those snapshots... Elsewhere in the Virtualization forum I noted this issue recently as common to other virtualization besides Virtualbox with the recommendation to merge or remove all snapshots before exporting (or copying) the virtual machine.

BTW - You'll probably find more Virtualbox-related discussions in the Virtualization Forum compared to Applications.

HTH,
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

thanks man.
    i will be take a look to virtualization forum , appreciated.