Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partition Defaults seem strange

Default Re: Partition Defaults seem strange

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    That is what I'd expect for only a 75 gig HD and ext4. Unless you are doing something special like SQL databases, or VMs or plan to load every program you see and such in root 20 gig ext4 should be ok. I have 20 gig free on a 30 gig root
    I wanted to set up 20 GiB as root. I do add some extra stuff beyond the basic install ... the Kile editor for LaTex, mainly. My problem was that the basic installation dialog wouldn't let me allocate 20 GiB. It keep insisting that root could have at most 10 GiB. So I sort of had to do somersaults to partition the disk the way I wanted.

Just use the expert mode it allows setting exactly what you want. Not sure why you think that is hard. You do have to have some idea what you want but any time you install any OS you must have a clue of what you want and the basics of file systems partition layout, mounting and formatting but the process is not at all hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    For those who are interested, just published:
    https://news.opensuse.org/2018/01/09...-yast-changes/
    Excellent. So it will soon be on Tumbleweed. And note that it is already on Leap 15.0 Alpha (download site HERE).
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12