Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nvidia driver problems

Default Nvidia driver problems

Tumbleweed does not work with Repository nvidia drivers and 4.19 kernels ,for the moment I have uninstalled the new Kernel
    loyalty returns to those who practice it

Default Re: Nvidia driver problems

Thanks, V_idocq. I'd better wait before my next zypper dup.

I see some threads related to nvidia and 4.14.9 in the opensuse-factory mailing list:

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/

Blog Entries

Hi
    The 340.104 driver is working fine patched and installed the hard way with my 8800 GT.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME 3.28.2
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Installed linux kernel 4.14.9-1 this morning, and I was surprised that nvidia 387.34 installed (the hard way) just fine. I had a patch file on hand expecting it to fail. I can only guess that the TW kernel maintainer reverted the offending mainline patch.

hay same issue as me here, after updating 4.19 kernels this early morning, it been crash, and i just go back to 4.18 kernel that i use to installing suse for boot.

thanks for community.

I updated for 4.14.9-1 too and I can't boot with nvidia drivers too.
    I saw a "skipping udev rules - 80 drivers " during installation
    I am back on the 4.14.8-1 atm

I saw that the first snapshot of 2018 just came out, decided to give zypper dup a whirl, now wish I hadn't. Installation of the nvidia 384.98 driver "the hard way" failed.

I couldn't get it with either 4.14.8 or 4.14.9 after the update. It would boot, but it wouldn't start the graphical session, and everything would flicker, as though it's reprinting everything in the terminal over and over. It would also miss keystrokes, making it near impossible to log in. I had to roll back the system.

Quote Originally Posted by LinAGKar View Post
    I couldn't get it with either 4.14.8 or 4.14.9 after the update. It would boot, but it wouldn't start the graphical session, and everything would flicker, as though it's reprinting everything in the terminal over and over. It would also miss keystrokes, making it near impossible to log in. I had to roll back the system.
    At grub, press E for edit. Go to the linux (liunxefi?) line and at the end add "3", and then press F10 to continue booting. That'll solve the flicker. It'll stop flickering after 30 or 60 seconds by the way. It's just X trying to start over and over very rapidly for init 5 level.

TW 20180102 + kernel 4.14.9-1.5 + nvidia 387.34 (the hard way) works here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast