Thread: What alternative is recommended to "FileZilla' by users. Graphical FTP client wanted.

Default What alternative is recommended to "FileZilla' by users. Graphical FTP client wanted.

2071229. I am now running mostly on OpenSUSE, but I note comments on 'FileZilla' [Which I used on Windows] and that software manager shows an old version. What FTP client of graphical type do users recommend?
    Regards
    Eionmac
    openSUSE LEAP 15.1 , Windows 10 ; Various old computers dual boot and Live Linux distros

Blog Entries

Default Re: What alternative is recommended to "FileZilla' by users. Graphical FTP client wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by eionmac View Post
    2071229. I am now running mostly on OpenSUSE, but I note comments on 'FileZilla' [Which I used on Windows] and that software manager shows an old version. What FTP client of graphical type do users recommend?
    Hi
    Well old only as in features... that's the way Leap rolls, security/bug fixes only (looks like the newer version won't build anyway due to library dependencies).

What desktop environment, on GNOME I just use Nautilus and sftp.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What alternative is recommended to "FileZilla' by users. Graphical FTP client wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by eionmac View Post
    For KDE, the Dolphin file manager supports FTP/SFTP.

Well, it's been a long time since I've been using the MC for FTP/SFTP.

https://software.opensuse.org/package/mc

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    For KDE, the Dolphin file manager supports FTP/SFTP.
    And, more importantly these days, Dolphin integrates with KDE Connect -- the most comfortable way to access the files on your (not so) "smart telephone".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    And, more importantly these days, Dolphin integrates with KDE Connect -- the most comfortable way to access the files on your (not so) "smart telephone".
    Yes, very important for those that need that kind of access.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Yes, very important for those that need that kind of access.
    Hmmm. Ages back, I tried KDE Connect, did not work for me, and I did not at the time feel like hunting down why, because ...

I have been using Paul Lutus' SSHelper all along, wireless connect my Android to my router and use ssh and sshfs for everything I can dream of doing between my Android and my PCs and Laptops.

Super slick, so KDE Connect (along with most other KDE stuff, lately) is not so important for me.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.