Konsole to change resolution?

Hello,

I’ve launched an old application, who changed the system screen resolution.

Usually is alright as I still can reach the menu then the setting but this time no way to access either the menu or the status bar.

So, it should be possible to open the application as to modify the resolution trough the konsole ? *if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

You can use xrandr. Run it first with no arguments to get the name of the display and available display resolutions. The you can set the desired resolution using
‘xrandr --output <output> --mode <display resolution>’. For example…

xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1680x900

For more options

xrandr --help

More info here
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr#Testing_configuration

Be aware that it won’t persist through a reboot, but once you can see the whole desktop you should then be able to configure using your desktop’s graphical display utility.

If using KDE then the display utlity can be launched with

kcmshell5 kcm_kscreen

Thanks both, the correct page launched, worry being I can’t confirm the resolution as the lower part of it is not displayed, meaning I’ve to use the konsole.

Advantage being that I have the names and resolution.

Ok, resolved.

I’ve been able to validate the changes pressing enter (+1, something making a good effect, great!).

It also lieu me see that the secondary screen wax put over the big one, a option called “synchroniser les affichages” was applied (its there a way to validate that using key command? As I’m sure to not have selected that in any case…).