Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Libre office crashes when opening document

Default Re: Libre office crashes when opening document

I was using a simple spreadsheet, where I researched PC parts, that I created a month ago, containing only text and simple sum formulas. I was using default fonts. Also I then test created some writer documents using default fonts (New file, press keys, save, close Writer, open).

This seems strange to me as well. Was wondering if I could trace what it is libreoffice doing in mozilla profile.

I also did dup from 42.2 couple of months ago but that was before I successfully created saved and reopened the spreadsheets. Had no problems after upgrading from 42.2.

If I create a new user and run from there, it will launch without a problem, so it is something to do with config.

Quote Originally Posted by os_brendan View Post
    If I create a new user and run from there, it will launch without a problem, so it is something to do with config.
    Yes; Catch-22 with UNIX® GUIs in general, has been (since early UNIX® GUI days), and remains (possibly for ever), the issue of system upgrades and user configurations.

The only viable solution for about 90 % of the UNIX® user community is, for the concerned (GUI) user to logout and then to delete the user's GUI configuration from a TTY (CLI) or SSH CLI session. The user with the misbehaving GUI then logs back in, sets up the GUI preferences again and, continues working.

I see in ~/config/libreoffice/4/user/registrymodifications.xcu some links to mozilla folders, as I opened documents from ///temp (apparently directly from firefox) with Libreoffice.

Maybe you edited Firefox config files with Libreoffice in the past?

The remaining references to "mozilla" I can find in Libreoffice are references to "Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0" in the headers of files...
    Kind regards

raspu

mv ~/.config/libreoffice ~/.config/libreoffice_old

Libreoffice now opens.

I had the exact same issue after installing opensuse 42.3. LibreOffice 5.3 would hang indefinitely.
    renaming ~/.config/libreoffice with ~/.config/libreoffice_old as suggested by os_brendan did the job for me.
    thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12