Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

  1. #1

    Default Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    I'm trying to burn latest Windows 10 ISO, which is 4.2 Gb, on a DVD using Brasero on GNOME.
    It always gets stuck at the point mentioned by title, specifically just when there's just 1% left for the checksum process, then the DVD drive stays working forever and never successfully ejecting.

    I tried brasero -g in command line to get a log in the console. Results:

    a) When burning was just finished and checksum was just starting I noticed some errors about "insufficient privileges" don't know where, I was not able to see everything.

    b) But while checksum process was running console was:
    Code:
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  1159552 cnt: 64
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  1159570 cnt: 64
    [...] (FULL of the same message)
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  2159600 cnt: 64
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  2159856 cnt: 64
    (Now when brasero stopped working):
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Input/output error. read_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: CDB:  28 00 00 20 F3 C0 00 00 40 00
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Code: 0x11 Qual 0x05 (l-ec uncorrectable error) Fru 0x0
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) 
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: cmd finished after 6.504s timeout 40s
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Input/output error. Cannot read source disk
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Retrying from sector 2159552.
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: ....................
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Error on sector 2159571 corrected after 2 tries. Total of 0 errors.
    I can't understand, I did use Brasero once or twice before with smaller ISOs (1.3 Gb ISOs) and no problems back then. But I have certainly done one or 2 zypper ups since then. Just today I did one more zypper up, no brasero updates.

    I also tried with an external USB DVD drive. Exact same results.

    Any help or ideas please?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    Excuse me, hello?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,025

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 19:06:01 +0000, F style wrote:

    > Excuse me, hello?


    Clearly nobody has any ideas based on the information you've provided.

    It might be helpful to capture the "insufficient privileges" messages -
    that information on its own doesn't provide any context, and could be any
    number of things.

    I see I/O errors reported, so you might also look at dmesg to see if
    there's any additional info.



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,542

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    Could be a bad disk. The check sum happens after the burn I guess so the burn may be ok did you try the disk? If it happens before the burn then it is checking the ISO which may indicate a bad download maybe

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    Quote Originally Posted by F_style View Post
    I'm trying to burn latest Windows 10 ISO, which is 4.2 Gb, on a DVD using Brasero on GNOME.
    It always gets stuck at the point mentioned by title, specifically just when there's just 1% left for the checksum process, then the DVD drive stays working forever and never successfully ejecting.

    I tried brasero -g in command line to get a log in the console. Results:

    a) When burning was just finished and checksum was just starting I noticed some errors about "insufficient privileges" don't know where, I was not able to see everything.

    b) But while checksum process was running console was:
    Code:
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  1159552 cnt: 64
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  1159570 cnt: 64
    [...] (FULL of the same message)
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  2159600 cnt: 64
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:382) BraseroReadcd stderr: addr:  2159856 cnt: 64
    (Now when brasero stopped working):
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-job.c:1416) BraseroReadcd called brasero_job_get_output_type
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Input/output error. read_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: CDB:  28 00 00 20 F3 C0 00 00 40 00
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
     BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense Code: 0x11 Qual 0x05 (l-ec uncorrectable error) Fru 0x0
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) 
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: cmd finished after 6.504s timeout 40s
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Input/output error. Cannot read source disk
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Retrying from sector 2159552.
    BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: ....................
     BraseroBurn: (at burn-process.c:417) BraseroReadcd stderr: readcd: Error on sector 2159571 corrected after 2 tries. Total of 0 errors.

    I can't understand, I did use Brasero once or twice before with smaller ISOs (1.3 Gb ISOs) and no problems back then. But I have certainly done one or 2 zypper ups since then. Just today I did one more zypper up, no brasero updates.

    I also tried with an external USB DVD drive. Exact same results.

    Any help or ideas please?
    reads like a bad write, it could be a bad disk or your burner might be dying (I've had a few of them die on me for no apparent reason except use)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    I know the thread is old already, but didn't really feel like making a new one just to post a recent result. Hope it's not that wrong.

    I downloaded latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft website again, now that they just released their next version, and tried burning it using Brasero on GNOME again as well.
    This time it was seemingly all successful; the checksum process no longer got stuck near the end.

    Only guess I could think about is, perhaps the Windows previous ISO itself really had some origin flaws.

    Just as note, I remember I had to burn the DVD on Windows back then with Nero, and after some weeks of use by doing clean installations and upgrades, I noticed some few rigs abruptly failed at mid-process with what looked like a hardware or I/O failure...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,113
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    Quote Originally Posted by F_style View Post
    I know the thread is old already, but didn't really feel like making a new one just to post a recent result. Hope it's not that wrong.

    I downloaded latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft website again, now that they just released their next version, and tried burning it using Brasero on GNOME again as well.
    This time it was seemingly all successful; the checksum process no longer got stuck near the end.

    Only guess I could think about is, perhaps the Windows previous ISO itself really had some origin flaws.

    Just as note, I remember I had to burn the DVD on Windows back then with Nero, and after some weeks of use by doing clean installations and upgrades, I noticed some few rigs abruptly failed at mid-process with what looked like a hardware or I/O failure...
    Hi
    You do realize that you can just mount the iso image in WinX and run the setup program to update... no need to burn to DVD...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    I'd say the most likely cause of your old issue was bad bunch of disks I don't know of a way an iso image can influence the burn result seeing how it's just a file

  9. #9

    Default Re: Brasero: stuck at "100% finished Creating checksum"

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    You do realize that you can just mount the iso image in WinX and run the setup program to update... no need to burn to DVD...
    I had forgotten about that... perhaps I got so used to DVDs since they're external media...
    Apologies if it bothered you.


    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    I'd say the most likely cause of your old issue was bad bunch of disks I don't know of a way an iso image can influence the burn result seeing how it's just a file
    I used a DVD from the very same bunch. And yes, I agree with you, but I meant the "main", "master", "general" ISO file as such built by the Microsoft guys and made publicly available could have been perhaps built with some bugs...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •