Chromium wont start after upgrading from OpenSUSE 13.2 to Tumbleweed

Hi!I was running OpenSUSE 13.2 32 bit and have just upgraded to Tumbleweed 32 bit and now Chromium wont start.The little icon bounces beside the cursor for a while and the goes away

Also when I run chomium from terminal I get message below

chromium

/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/chromium/chromium: undefined symbol: _ZN3re23RE2C1ERKSs

My chromium versions are as below

chromium-55.0.2883.75-148.1.i586
chromium-ffmpeg-55.0.2883.75-149.1.i586

Please assist

how did you do the upgrade the current version of chromium is 62 which you should have
https://software.opensuse.org/package/chromium
you can’t run 13.x build of chromium under TW
another thing chromium-ffmpeg has been depreciated now chromium uses the system ffmpeg no matter what
what is your repo list

zypper lr -d

as you will need to run zypper dup again to get your system up to tw spec just make sure you don’t have 13.x repo’s or you’ll break something else

one more thing even tho I’m pretty sure you’ve got a 13.x version of Chromium what’s the output of

zypper se -si chromium*

I think I have realized that there is no Chromium software for Tumbleweed 32 bit and that the version I had was Chromium for Opensuse 13.2 which became invalidated after the upgrade to Tumbleweed.

I forgot google killed off 32bit Chromium for Linux

I can try vivaldi from packman (it’s chromium based) and there is a 32 bit build available

if you have the packman repo you can install it with

zypper in vivaldi

while chromium uses system ffmpeg to get mp4 (h264 aac etc) support in vivaldi you’ll need chromium-ffmpeg-extra

zypper in chromium-ffmpeg-extra

as far as mozilla based browsers go both current versions of Firefox and SeaMonkey need an SSE2 processor but I think firefox-esr still runs on non-SSE2 cpu’s
https://software.opensuse.org/package/firefox-esr
firefox-esr is in the Mozilla repo and if you decide to go with it you should add the mozilla repo so you get security updates