Thread: How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

Question How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

Hello,

I am using KDE desktop (plasma 5 ) environment with opensuse leap 42.1.

My problem is that many application that I have uses native keychain to store password like (JetBrain products). But when They try to save the password I notice that the default keychain that I have is genom-keyring. How can I tell my system that the default keychain that he has to use is KWallet. I have uninstall genom-keyring with all dependencies and now the system does not recognize any default keychain. How can I make Kwallet my default keychain?

Another question how can I avoid typing the paraphrase every time I sign in in my account (to open the wallet)

Thank you very much

Default Re: How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

With Kwallet leave the password bank the first time it asks or set it to a blank. will no longer ask

Question Re: How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

Hi gogalthorp,

Thank you for answering my second question so could you please tell me how to reset the paraphrase. Should I install kwalletmanager to change my paraphrase to blank.

Do you have a solution to use kwallet with the application that uses
    genom-keyring by default?

Don't know it is normally just installed unless you removed it. But yes you must run manager to change the password

Question Re: How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

thank you,

This thread isn't closed yet
    Is there a solution to use kwallet with the application that uses genom-keyring by default?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phenixo View Post
    Is there a solution to use kwallet with the application that uses genom-keyring by default?
    As far as I know, the only way to do that is to get the source code, make appropriate modifications, then compile it yourself.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Blog Entries

How about exporting the certificate from Kwallet and importing into gnome-keyring?
    Although not ideal, I'd guess that should solve your problem.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

How about exporting the certificate from Kwallet and importing into gnome-keyring?
    Although not ideal, I'd guess that should solve your problem.
    I really want to use only one keychain and not both of them (kwallet and genom-keyrings)

As far as I know, the only way to do that is to get the source code, make appropriate modifications, then compile it yourself.
    If I understand very well the choice of the keychain is made by the application and not the system that's why I have to change the code source of the application.
    So if some of my programs uses kwallet and other uses genome-keyring I need to use both of them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phenixo View Post
    If I understand very well the choice of the keychain is made by the application and not the system that's why I have to change the code source of the application.
    So if some of my programs uses kwallet and other uses genome-keyring I need to use both of them?
    That's my understanding of how it works.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;