How to use Kwallet as my default keyring

Hello,

I am using KDE desktop (plasma 5 ) environment with opensuse leap 42.1.

My problem is that many application that I have uses native keychain to store password like (JetBrain products). But when They try to save the password I notice that the default keychain that I have is genom-keyring. How can I tell my system that the default keychain that he has to use is KWallet. I have uninstall genom-keyring with all dependencies and now the system does not recognize any default keychain. How can I make Kwallet my default keychain?

Another question how can I avoid typing the paraphrase every time I sign in in my account (to open the wallet)

Thank you very much

With Kwallet leave the password bank the first time it asks or set it to a blank. will no longer ask

Hi gogalthorp,

Thank you for answering my second question so could you please tell me how to reset the paraphrase. Should I install kwalletmanager to change my paraphrase to blank.

Do you have a solution to use kwallet with the application that uses genom-keyring by default?

Don’t know it is normally just installed unless you removed it. But yes you must run manager to change the password

thank you,

This thread isn’t closed yet
Is there a solution to use kwallet with the application that uses genom-keyring by default?

As far as I know, the only way to do that is to get the source code, make appropriate modifications, then compile it yourself.

How about exporting the certificate from Kwallet and importing into gnome-keyring?
Although not ideal, I’d guess that should solve your problem.

TSU

How about exporting the certificate from Kwallet and importing into gnome-keyring?
Although not ideal, I’d guess that should solve your problem.

I really want to use only one keychain and not both of them (kwallet and genom-keyrings)

As far as I know, the only way to do that is to get the source code, make appropriate modifications, then compile it yourself.

If I understand very well the choice of the keychain is made by the application and not the system that’s why I have to change the code source of the application.
So if some of my programs uses kwallet and other uses genome-keyring I need to use both of them?

That’s my understanding of how it works.