Greetings. I'm experiencing a major issue with Blender 2.79 on openSUSE Tumbleweed, which affects both the version installed via system packages as well as the one downloaded from https://blender.org and unpacked locally. Blender refuses to run and crashes on startup after the main window appears. If ran from a command line, I get the following error printed to the console:

Code:
mircea@linux-qz0r:~> blender
Read prefs: /home/mircea/.config/blender/2.79/config/userpref.blend
mesa: CommandLine Error: Option 'enable-value-profiling' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
mircea@linux-qz0r:~>
I googled the last two lines, and from what I gathered it has to do with a bug involving multiple LLVM versions. I checked my system packages via YaST, and the only version I now have installed is LLVM 4.0.1. Unfortunately removing LLVM 3.8 and restarting X11 did not affect the problem.

I need to be able to run Blender again quickly. Does anyone know how to fix those problems please? Note that I cannot downgrade my OS system packages nor attempt risky experiments, as this is my Desktop computer and I can't afford a broken machine. Thank you.