Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Libre Office lost it's kde integration after 20171022 snapshot?

Default Re: Libre Office lost it's kde integration after 20171022 snapshot?

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Hmmm, interesting... To ask you a completely unfair question, would you guess that if i remain with my current repos version i'd "only" have to wait days or weeks for a solution, or more like months+ ?
    I cannot really give you an estimate, sorry.
    But it will rather be weeks (or months) than days I'm afraid.

it "plays nice" with the existing repos version by installing separately into /opt
    It does. You can even install 5.3 and 5.4 in parallel I think.

it is "pretty" again.
    If you install libreoffice-kde too (and provided that it works), it should be "pretty" again.
    Though that is subjective of course, TBH it doesn't look too bad in your screenshot either IMHO.
    The difference is that it uses GTK3 now and the configured GTK3 theme (i.e. not KDE's Oxygen, which is not available for GTK3) and other settings. This also means that it uses GTK3's file dialogs instead of KDE's, which would probably "annoy" me more personally...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 31-Oct-2017 at 02:53.

Oops, i was off testing whilst you were writing. I now note your comments, thanks.

Looks like then i shall need to utilise your good workaround:

Btw:

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    ... Though that is subjective of course, TBH it doesn't look too bad in your screenshot either IMHO ...
    It's not just the aesthetics though... I really don't like the gtk file picker, and the native LO one is even worse
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

If you trust them enough, use wkazubski's repo:
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...SE_Tumbleweed/
    It has precious little else but LibreOffice, and their version are up-to-date. (I had to de-select libusb from the vendor switch, which is very easy.)

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Btw:
    I'm not sure what exactly you want to tell with that screenshot, but the upstream package is called libobasis5.4-kde-integration, not libreoffice-kde (which I wrote in my previous comment, sorry).

And as there is no repo, it will only show up in YaST after you installed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    It's not just the aesthetics though... I really don't like the gtk file picker, and the native LO one is even worse
    I wrote exactly that a line after what you quote...

Quote Originally Posted by backflip View Post
    If you trust them enough, use wkazubski's repo:
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...SE_Tumbleweed/
    It has precious little else but LibreOffice, and their version are up-to-date. (I had to de-select libusb from the vendor switch, which is very easy.)
    That contains the same unmodified libreoffice packages, only with the KDE integration enabled also for Tumbleweed. So yes, this would be an option too.
    (actually it should even be enough to only install libreoffice-kde4 from there, as the packages are the very same ones as in Tumbleweed)

The question is how long they will be able to offer it though. As soon as openSSL 1.1.0 is default in Tumbleweed, they will not be able to build it any more (unless they apply some fix/workaround).
    Last edited by wolfi323; 31-Oct-2017 at 06:54.

I'm not sure what exactly you want to tell with that screenshot, but the upstream package is called libobasis5.4-kde-integration, not libreoffice-kde (which I wrote in my previous comment, sorry).
    Heehee, well now that i know the right package name [yes i did simply copy & paste your earlier post's file name in my earlier pic], it does appear now in YaST2:

...so it can only have got there as a result of my installation [now also in my "real" TW, no longer only a VM] of the LO tarball version... which no doubt then explains why my tarball version of LO is respecting my Plasma settings "out of the box" without me needing to take any additional action.

Thank you for pointing out this workaround option.

So, that's now KeePassXC & LO for which i've had to utilise non-repos solutions to get around recent TW hassles. More than one way to skin a cat, i suppose...

Footnote.

Not only has the LO tarball workaround given me back my preferred LO UI [both pretty and functional, compared to the recent deterioration], it's also given me an unexpected bonus gift. The repos' LO, for the past few weeks or longer, has stopped respecting my locale language [English Australia], in that all spellcheck & autocorrect functions had stopped. The only way i'd been able to get those functions working again was to change my default template, & all existing docs [one by one as i needed to use them] from Eng Aust to Eng UK. Now with the tarball, Eng Aust is again fully functional.

Thanks Wolfi.

I wrote exactly that a line after what you quote...
    Ah! ... So you did, sorry.

At least I'm in agreement with you, even if I was unaware of the fact.

I'll put the pointy hat on and go sit in the corner of the room.

001 I must read the whole paragraph.
    002 I must read the whole paragraph.
    099 I must read the whole paragraph.
    100 I must read the whole paragraph.
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

FYI, the KDE(4) integration should be back in openSUSE with LibreOffice 6.0 (to be released at the end of January, but TW might get the RC already before that AFAIK).
    We patched libqt4 and kdelibs4 to support OpenSSL 1.1.0 meanwhile, so that's no problem anymore.

Actually, it would be possible to build libreoffice-kde4 again already, but the devel project already has 6.0.0.1, so it's not possible to make changes to the current 5.3.x packages anymore.

LO6 will also come with proper Qt5 integration, but AFAIK that's still experimental and probably won't work too well in 6.0.

The current packages in LibreOffice:Factory will install libreoffice-kde4 by default for Plasma5 AFAICS, and I suppose that's how it will be for now, until the Qt5 integration is finished/improved in later versions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast