Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See 3DS on network

Default See 3DS on network

Hi all,
    probably i could find some advices in other topics, but i don't know what i really need for my problem. I have connected my 3DS nintendo to the home router and i have to move files to it. The problem is that i can't see the device on network from linux, in particular this is what i read when i click on "Rete Windows" (i think i have to click that, am i wrong?)

What i have to do?

Thanks to all and sorry for bad english

Blog Entries

Default Re: See 3DS on network

Based on the following (Use Google Translate if you need to)

The Nintendo 3DS is likely serving CIFS/SAMBA shares.

This means that you have to follow the instructions on the page, but set up your Workgroup name appropriately (probably not HOME).
    On openSUSE, you configure this (or view) in YaST > Network Settings > DNS tab

Once your workgroup settings match (and one or both machines are rebooted as may be needed), your openSUSE File Manager (Dolphin? PCManFM?) should be able to see the 3DS file share.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Thanks Tsu for the reply. I just don't understand what page are you talking about.. can you link the istructions page to install and configure Samba please?

Blog Entries

Sorry,
    Looks like the link didn't get into my last post

http://en-americas-support.nintendo....o-3ds-xl-and-a

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Hello Tsu. I have seen the link, thanks, but i alredy know the steps i have to do with the nintendo and with a Windows PC. My real problem is how to configure samba to see the computer/devices connected to my network...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraotto View Post
    Hello Tsu. I have seen the link, thanks, but i alredy know the steps i have to do with the nintendo and with a Windows PC. My real problem is how to configure samba to see the computer/devices connected to my network...
    If the 3DS is serving CIFS,
    Then you should only need

Same Workgroup name
    Same SAMBA version (If you can't configure your 3DS to support v2, then you may need to configure your clients to support v1)

When these settings are same on both client and server, you should be able to see the server from the client using your file manager.

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Ok thanks, this evening i'll try it and i'll let you know

I have created a samba server (named marcosuse), but when i try to enter in by nautilus, a message appear and nothing happen, even after many minutes... The message is: "opening marcosuse.local (smb)...

Edit: even if i try to enter the "windows network" the problem is the same, it load with "opening smb:///" but nothing happen..

Blog Entries

You have to provide details, more detail means others will have better understanding of your situation.

First,
    It's my understanding that the 3DS normally provides the file sharing.
    If that's true, then these last couple posts are a new, completely separate effort.

So, first the basics...

Post the following...
    Your Workgroup name which should be the same for every machine in your LAN, the 3DS, the openSUSE you tried to connect to the 3DS, and the new samba server you're setting up.

The smb.conf of the new samba server you're setting up.

I don't know if there are any file sharing settings on the 3DS, but if there are any those might be helpful.

The <exact> commands you are using when connecting to or mounting a file share <and the results>, in CODE tags. Be sure to identify the machine you're running those commands on (the server should be identified in your command).

And, always make sure there is a file in the file share.
    Connecting to an empty Share can be unpredictable, and easy to interpret the results incorrectly.

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast