nvidia sound gk107 driver

Hi!

I’m on Leap 42.3. I’ve just bought a new monitor with HDMI and I want to get the GK107 sound on the graphic card NVidia GTX650 to work over the HDMI input of the monitor - any ideas?

Nominally pulse audio provides the capability to route sound on a per application and on a per device basis. i.e. using pulse audio one can send the audio output from any multimedia device to any connected audio hardware device. By default, sound will be routed to card-0. As to what card-0 may be on your PC depends on your PC’s hardware and what you have entered into the various configuration files.

Sometimes it is as simple as installing the application ‘pulse audio volume control’ (pavucontrol) and using that to direct sound to one’s HDMI device. Sometimes one will see multiple HDMI devices there and the correct one need to be selected.

Over 5-years ago I blogged about pulse audio, and I think a lot of what is in there is relevant today. It does not specifically refer to HDMI but I think the same philosophy applies: Pulseaudio Basics for openSUSE with pavucontrol - Open Chat - openSUSE Forums

If that gives you trouble, post and let us know, and we can start walking you a slow process to get this working.