Thread: sddm: switch user does not work anymore

Default sddm: switch user does not work anymore

Starting with TW 20171009 switch user does not work anymore. Any idea?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Default Re: sddm: switch user does not work anymore

Also using 20171007 and sddm display manager - appears to works OK here, although it's not a feature I use so perhaps I'm doing it differently to yourself.

"Power / Session - Switch User" initially offers "New Session" (Switch, and login as 2nd user), subsequent "Power / Session - Switch User" enables switching between the users.
    Regards, Paul

Sorry, misread your TW snapshot version.

Just did a zypper dup to 20171009 and indeed switch user does appear to be broken in that snapshot. Clicking on the "Switch" button does nothing.
    Regards, Paul

Looks like it's been fixed upstream a few minutes ago:
    https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspac...67ea4cbebcb09d

Please try to modify the installed file /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml locally and report whether it fixes the problem you experience. (if you use the openSUSE look and feel, that is, otherwise replace "org.openSUSE.desktop" with the proper folder name)

If yes, I'll add that patch to our package, though 5.11.1 is to be released next Tuesday anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Please try to modify the installed file ...
    Code:
    --- /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate-Original.qml    2017-10-05 13:53:30.000000000 +0100
    +++ /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml    2017-10-11 16:39:41.000000000 +0100
    @@ -28,6 +28,7 @@

property bool isCurrent: true

+    readonly property var m: model
         property string name
         property string userName
         property string avatarPath
    Does indeed restore the switch user function.
    Regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Does indeed restore the switch user function.
    Ok, thanks for confirming.
    I submitted the fix:
    https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/533431

I cannot guarantee that it will enter Factory/Tumbleweed before 5.11.1 (which will contain the fix anyway) though.

Looks like it's been fixed upstream a few minutes ago:
    https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspac...67ea4cbebcb09d

Please try to modify the installed file /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml locally and report whether it fixes the problem you experience. (if you use the openSUSE look and feel, that is, otherwise replace "org.openSUSE.desktop" with the proper folder name)

If yes, I'll add that patch to our package, though 5.11.1 is to be released next Tuesday anyway.
    Adding the line does the trick. No restart required.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

It worked but with oxygen theme I had to edit the breeze file as well.
    /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.openSUSE.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml
    /usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/components/UserDelegate.qml

Quote Originally Posted by acrodrigues View Post
    It worked but with oxygen theme I had to edit the breeze file as well.
    Yes.
    Oxygen doesn't come with a separate switch user screen and just uses the one from the default theme (breeze).

Btw, the fixed package is still in staging unfortunately, and has meanwhile been superseeded by 5.11.1 (which contains the fix anyway).
    No idea how long that will take to go through...

Yes.
    Oxygen doesn't come with a separate switch user screen and just uses the one from the default theme (breeze).
    PS: It should maybe be noted that this actually is (was) a bug in the breeze desktop theme...
    The openSUSE theme "inherited" it though as we just copy the files and do only minor modifications.