no paste keyboard shortcut for Kate terminal emulator

This might be more appropriate for the KDE forum, but I thought maybe someone here might have a solution. There is currently no keyboard shortcut to paste from the clipboard into the terminal emulator in Kate. Copy (Ctrl-Shift-C) works just fine, but when I try to paste (Ctrl-Shift-V) I get an “ambiguous shortcut” popup window telling me to configure the shortcuts under the settings menu. The thing is, there is no where for me to add this shortcut in the GUI. Is there a file or some other configuration setting I can change to enable this? I’ve been using a separate Konsole window for a while, but the Kate plugin is more convenient and the lack of pasting ability is really irritating.

I’m not sure about kate but I’ve found Shift+Ins to work in all terminal windows (konsole xterm gnome-terminal etc)

I just click left on the place where I want to insert and then click middle to paste what is “under the middle mouse knob”. Age old X way to paste.

That doesn’t work either.

I just click left on the place where I want to insert and then click middle to paste what is “under the middle mouse knob”. Age old X way to paste.

I can paste with the touchpad (on a laptop), but I prefer the keyboard shortcuts. Does anyone know a way around this oversight in programming? A configuration file somewhere maybe?

The problem here is that kate has its own Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut defined by default, to “Switch to Next Input Mode”.
Have you tried to un- or redefine that one?
Then konsole-part’s “Paste” shortcut should work without an error dialog.

And you should probably file a bug report at http://bugs.kde.org/ (product “kate”) about this duplicate.

I never checked if it was already defined since I got the ambiguous shortcut error. I undefined it and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.

CTL-v is a key combo borrowed from Windows.
When that isn’t supported, the old Unix key combo CTL-insert often works.

TSU