Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another zypper dup puzzle; 3 Problems: yast2-apparmor-4.0.0-1.2.noarch, perl-5.24.1-1.7.x86_64, perl

Default Re: Another zypper dup puzzle; 3 Problems: yast2-apparmor-4.0.0-1.2.noarch, perl-5.24.1-1.7.x86_64,

Alternatively it can also be done with CPAN, you'll just need to install libunique1-devel first, which was required for karlmistelberger's method, then do:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Gtk2::Unique'

Doing this allows shutter to function properly for me as well.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another zypper dup puzzle; 3 Problems: yast2-apparmor-4.0.0-1.2.noarch, perl-5.24.1-1.7.x86_64,

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbryan View Post
    The currently available package in the development repository is perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64.rpm, which installs Unique.pm into /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.24.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2/Unique.pm, however the recent dup moved everything over to perl 5.26.1. If your directions are followed, shutter will fail to launch because it is looking in the /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi path for the Gtk2 Unique.pm, which it will not find.

For the time being until this gets fixed, if shutter is required, karlmistelberger's instructions will work since it is installing Unique.pm in the expected 5.26.1 path that shutter is looking in upon launch. Dirty, but works if you can't wait.
    Hi
    Yes, the rebuilt one 05.8.24 is rebuilt against perl 5.26.1 so is correct... grab via osc binaries or the api;
    Code:
    https://api.opensuse.org/build/devel:languages:perl/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/perl-Gtk2-Unique/perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.24.x86_64.rpm

osc getbinaries devel:languages:perl perl-Gtk2-Unique openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64
    _buildenv                                                          100% |=================================|  36 kB    00:00     
    _statistics                                                        100% |=================================|  784 B    00:00     
    perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.24.x86_64.rpm                              100% |=================================|  40 kB    00:00     
    rpmlint.log                                                        100% |=================================|  629 B    00:00
    Unlikely to update in the near future so the cpan method should also be fine.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 (x86_64) GNOME 3.20.2
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

rpms are great as long they are complete and the dependencies are satisfied. Sometimes packaging gets in the way or packages are not available for Tumbleweed. In this case I try to install from scratch (e.g. git repository). Currently I have the following installed:

Code:
    erlangen:~/perl-Gtk2-Unique # find / -xdev -name Unique.pm
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.24.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2/Unique.pm
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/Array/Unique.pm # different function!
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2/Unique.pm
    /root/perl-Gtk2-Unique/lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm
    /root/perl-Gtk2-Unique/blib/lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm
    erlangen:~/perl-Gtk2-Unique # zypper verify
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    3 Problems:
    Problem: nothing provides perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.24.1) needed by perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64
    Problem: nothing provides perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.24.1) needed by perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64

Solution 1: deinstallation of perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64
     Solution 2: break perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c): 
    erlangen:~/perl-Gtk2-Unique # zypper if perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64

package 'perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64' not found.
    erlangen:~/perl-Gtk2-Unique #
    All versions of the actual payload Unique.pm are identical and shutter obviously finds and uses one of them.

What puzzles me is zypper verify complaining about perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64 and zypper if perl-Gtk2-Unique-0.05-8.16.x86_64 failing to display the information.
    Intel i3-4130, ASRock Z87 Pro 3, 16GB DDR3-1600, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate ST2000DM001 2 TB (ass. in 2014) Tumbleweed
    Intel i7-6700K, ASRock Z170 Pro 4S, 32GB DDR4-2166, Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, Western Digital WD40EZRX 4 TB (ass. in 2016) Tumbleweed

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbryan View Post
    Alternatively it can also be done with CPAN, you'll just need to install libunique1-devel first, which was required for karlmistelberger's method, then do:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Gtk2::Unique'

Doing this allows shutter to function properly for me as well.
    Many thanks. I tossed a coin & decided that my initial attempt to get back my desired Shutter would be via your technique. It did not work for me; still cannot install Shutter.

1. I did
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in libunique1-devel
      [it completed without errors, but i forgot to copy the Konsole output] then rebooted.
    2. I did this:
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Gtk2::Unique' [sudo] password for root: 

CPAN.pm requires configuration, but most of it can be done automatically.
      If you answer 'no' below, you will enter an interactive dialog for each
      configuration option instead.

Would you like to configure as much as possible automatically? [yes] yes

Autoconfiguration complete.

commit: wrote '/root/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm'

You can re-run configuration any time with 'o conf init' in the CPAN shell
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz'                                                                                
      ............................................................................DONE                                                     
      Fetching with LWP:                                                                                                                   
      http://www.cpan.org/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz                                                                                
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz'                                                                      
        Database was generated on Mon, 09 Oct 2017 05:17:02 GMT
      ............................................................................DONE
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/modules/03modlist.data.gz
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz'
      DONE
      Writing /root/.cpan/Metadata
      Running install for module 'Gtk2::Unique'
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/CHECKSUMS
      Checksum for /root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz ok
      Configuring P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz with Makefile.PL
      Including generated API documentation...
      Checking if your kit is complete...
      Looks good
      Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-pthread'
      Invalid LICENSE value 'perl, lgpl' ignored
      Generating a Unix-style Makefile
      Writing Makefile for Gtk2::Unique
      Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
        POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz
        /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- OK
      Running make for P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz
      cp /root/.cpan/build/Gtk2-Unique-0.05-0/build/unique.typemap blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique.typemap
      cp unique-perl.h blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique-perl.h
      cp build/unique-autogen.h blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique-autogen.h
      cp lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm blib/lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm
      cp build/IFiles.pm blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/Files.pm
      Running Mkbootstrap for Unique ()
      chmod 644 "Unique.bs"
      "/usr/bin/perl" -MExtUtils::Command::MM -e 'cp_nonempty' -- Unique.bs blib/arch/auto/Gtk2/Unique/Unique.bs 644
      [ XS xs/Unique.xs ]
      mv xs/Unique.xsc xs/Unique.c
      [ CC xs/Unique.c ]
      /bin/sh: cc: command not found
      make: *** [Makefile:365: xs/Unique.o] Error 127
        /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
    3. I tried but failed to install Shutter.
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in shutter   Loading repository data...
      Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides perl(Gtk2::Unique) needed by shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch
       Solution 1: do not install shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch
       Solution 2: break shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c

Can you spot where i stuffed-up pls? I assume that this is significant
    Code:
    but i'm afraid i don't understand what i should do to solve it.
    OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE x64 Plasma 5.10.5. Browser: Vivaldi-Snapshot x64. She not he, her not him.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Many thanks. I tossed a coin & decided that my initial attempt to get back my desired Shutter would be via your technique. It did not work for me; still cannot install Shutter.

1. I did
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in libunique1-devel
      [it completed without errors, but i forgot to copy the Konsole output] then rebooted.
    2. I did this:
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Gtk2::Unique' [sudo] password for root: 

CPAN.pm requires configuration, but most of it can be done automatically.
      If you answer 'no' below, you will enter an interactive dialog for each
      configuration option instead.

Would you like to configure as much as possible automatically? [yes] yes

Autoconfiguration complete.

commit: wrote '/root/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm'

You can re-run configuration any time with 'o conf init' in the CPAN shell
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz'                                                                                
      Fetching with LWP:                                                                                                                   
      http://www.cpan.org/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz                                                                                
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz'                                                                      
        Database was generated on Mon, 09 Oct 2017 05:17:02 GMT
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/modules/03modlist.data.gz
      Reading '/root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz'
      DONE
      Writing /root/.cpan/Metadata
      Running install for module 'Gtk2::Unique'
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz
      Fetching with LWP:
      http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/CHECKSUMS
      Checksum for /root/.cpan/sources/authors/id/P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz ok
      Configuring P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz with Makefile.PL
      Including generated API documentation...
      Checking if your kit is complete...
      Looks good
      Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-pthread'
      Generating a Unix-style Makefile
      Writing Makefile for Gtk2::Unique
      Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
        /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- OK
      Running make for P/PO/POTYL/Gtk2-Unique-0.05.tar.gz
      cp /root/.cpan/build/Gtk2-Unique-0.05-0/build/unique.typemap blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique.typemap
      cp unique-perl.h blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique-perl.h
      cp build/unique-autogen.h blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/unique-autogen.h
      cp lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm blib/lib/Gtk2/Unique.pm
      cp build/IFiles.pm blib/arch/Gtk2/Unique/Install/Files.pm
      Running Mkbootstrap for Unique ()
      chmod 644 "Unique.bs"
      "/usr/bin/perl" -MExtUtils::Command::MM -e 'cp_nonempty' -- Unique.bs blib/arch/auto/Gtk2/Unique/Unique.bs 644
      [ XS xs/Unique.xs ]
      mv xs/Unique.xsc xs/Unique.c
      [ CC xs/Unique.c ]
      make: *** [Makefile:365: xs/Unique.o] Error 127
        /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
    3. I tried but failed to install Shutter.
      Code:
      gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in shutter   Loading repository data...

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c

Can you spot where i stuffed-up pls? I assume that this is significant
    Code:
    but i'm afraid i don't understand what i should do to solve it.
    Try:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # zypper in gcc
    'gcc' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gcc-7-2.5.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.

Nothing to do.
    erlangen:~ #
    Then rerun sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Gtk2::Unique' and install shutter anyway ignoring the dependencies (solution 2).
    Intel i3-4130, ASRock Z87 Pro 3, 16GB DDR3-1600, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate ST2000DM001 2 TB (ass. in 2014) Tumbleweed
    Intel i7-6700K, ASRock Z170 Pro 4S, 32GB DDR4-2166, Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, Western Digital WD40EZRX 4 TB (ass. in 2016) Tumbleweed

Excellent, thanks, that fixed it. So "cc" really meant "gcc"... i would have recognised what to do if it had actually said it was gcc that was missing, so that's a bit weird. This time Step 2 ended better, with
    Code:
    /usr/bin/make install  -- OK

It's a good thing that you did advise me to ignore the missing shutter dependencies, as otherwise when i reached that step #3 i would have just aborted it again. Given i had done all the preceding steps, WHY did zypper still say
    Code:
    gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in shutter

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): 2
    Resolving dependencies...

The following application is going to be installed:
      Shutter

The following 2 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      shutter shutter-lang

2 new packages to install.
    Overall download size: 1.7 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 15.6 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): 
    Retrieving package shutter-lang-0.94-1.2.noarch                                                 (1/2), 368.0 KiB (  2.1 MiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: shutter-lang-0.94-1.2.noarch.rpm .....................................................................[done (99.3 KiB/s)]
    Retrieving package shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch                                                      (2/2),   1.3 MiB ( 13.5 MiB unpacked)
    Retrieving: shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch.rpm ..........................................................................[done (74.6 KiB/s)]
    Checking for file conflicts: ..................................................................................................[done]
    (1/2) Installing: shutter-lang-0.94-1.2.noarch ................................................................................[done]
    (2/2) Installing: shutter-0.94-1.2.noarch .....................................................................................[done]
    gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~>
    ... it kind of makes me wonder why i bothered with those previous steps to supply perl(Gtk2::Unique) , if it still didn't make zypper / Shutter happy anyway?

Now that you have all collectively helped me here, it seems viable that i can now proceed to do my overdue dup on Tower, to upgrade it from its 20170928, letting it remove Shutter in the process, then repeating the above procedure from Lappy, on Tower, to once more end up with Shutter there too. Yay.

Thank you all again.
    OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE x64 Plasma 5.10.5. Browser: Vivaldi-Snapshot x64. She not he, her not him.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Given i had done all the preceding steps, WHY did zypper still say [CODE]gooeygirl@linux-Lappy:~> sudo zypper in shutter

Because as far as zypper is concerned perl-Gtk2-Unique is not installed, we are bypassing the packaging system entirely for the reasons previously stated earlier in the thread. The package it wants that provides what it needs (the Gtk2::Unique perl module for perl 5.26.1) is not available, at least not by any normal means, so we have manually installed the perl module that Shutter seeks when it is launched.

Face-palm, oh yeah, i was told that. I'm a bit dim, sorry.

PS - Tower now successfully at 20171007, & Shutter successfully reinstalled with same multi-step procedure per Lappy. Excellent. Thanks again

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234