Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

Default FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

dear community

i run the FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest version.

can i do this via commandline !?
    dilbert ;-)
    Wordpress-development - a Toolset: wpgear.org

Default AW: FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

i run the FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest version.
    Why do you want that?

Blog Entries

Default Re: FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

I note latest is 3.28 according to FileZilla web site. I have not seen an openSUSE packaged version of 3.25 for Leap.

There is an unofficial packaged version of 3.19 here: home:computersalat:lap

Typically one can search such here : https://software.opensuse.org/package/filezilla and select unsupported versions. Then go to the bottom of that page and you will find Leap-42.3 ...

Blog Entries

Default Re: FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I have not seen an openSUSE packaged version of 3.25 for Leap.
    Typo on my part - I mean to say 3.28 and not 3.25.

further I note 'ecsos' repository has a version 3.28 for openSUSE, but the fact that it did not show up in my search initially, suggests to me that there maybe something about that build attempt that means it should not be installed without checking a bit to see if ok to do so ...

ECSOS build of FileZilla-3.28.0 for openSUSE Leap-42.3

Blog Entries

Default Re: AW: FileZilla version version 3.12.02 - on openSuse 42.3 - how to update to the newest

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Why do you want that?
    FileZilla change history here: https://build.opensuse.org/package/r...csos/filezilla

I note a number of bug fixes since 3.12 ... which might explain the OPs query.

dear Sauerland dear OldCPU,

first of all - many many thanks for the reply.

Why do you want that?
    well - i run into issues

first of all: i runned into this issues several times the last years - it seems that every time i install a notebook with linux then i get an old version of Fileztilla - which hardly is __renewable__ and cannot be updated. And that said: with this configuration i run into troubles.

what happened:

i exported the FileZilla xml-file (with the credentials) from one notebook and imported it into another (which runs on OpenSuse Linux Leap 42.3 with filezilla version 3.12.02

The one notebook which received the data - gave back the following message:;

a paraphrase:

"the one notebook that has created the credential file - is newer than the one that receives the data...
    Well i have installed this Filezill with the YAST - Installing extra softfware option.

what can i do to updte to the most recent version !?

love to hear from you
    dilbert ;-)

Blog Entries

In my post above I passed to you the information that I had found via searching the web, which indicates where you can find an openSUSE LEAP 42.3 version 3.28, which is the latest version. If that built rpm is good, then presumably you could download it and see if it will install.

I am not a nominal filezilla user (not for years) so I can't help on filezilla specifics.

Someone else will need to chime in here.

dear oldcpu

many thanks for the mail and the infos. Great to see your support here. As noted above - i have run into the same issues months ago - with another (previous) Leap version.

I guess that i run into these troubles every time - i ve install a Leap without a integrated (packed) filezilla.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    In my post above I passed to you the information that I had found via searching the web, which indicates where you can find an openSUSE LEAP 42.3 version 3.28, which is the latest version. If that built rpm is good, then presumably you could download it and see if it will install. I am not a nominal filezilla user (not for years) so I can't help on filezilla specifics.
    Do you want me to install this above mention package .... over the allready existing installation ?
    dilbert ;-)

I would advice against supporting FileZilla in any form as their developer has added adware to the Windows installer and there is no way of knowing whether they'll do the same (or worse) for their Linux version in the future.

You can find more information by Googling for; filezilla adware

IMO: The developer is scum and a sleazebag and should not be supported in any way, form or fashion.
    .: miuku #suse @ irc.freenode.net
    :: miuku@opensuse.org

.: h​ttps://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Miuku/

Hello dear Miuku,

many thanks for the reply - and for the hints regarding Filezilla. I did not know that.

Are there any apropiate alternatives to Filezilla.

I am going to look out for them.

Again - many thanks for your hints!!!
    dilbert ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast