Thread: Spectacle won't start when pressing PrintScreen button on keyboard

Lightbulb Spectacle won't start when pressing PrintScreen button on keyboard

Hi all,
    Not sure why but it just happen and Spectacle not starting when pressing [PrtScr] button on key board, but usually it was fine.. Now few last times it doesn't and even after rebooting the system.. I have checked settings in Global Shortcut - System Settings and Custom Shortcut - System Settings and all settings set as needed and by default, as you can see in pictures I have attached, but Spectacle not starting even after reapplying keypad settings. By the way, all other applications and other commands works just fine when I was testing adjacent shortcuts. Also I have Updated Unconditionally Spectacle in YaST Install/Remove Software, but with no luck..
    Any ideas why and how it can be fixed?

Last edited by tasik; 03-Oct-2017 at 11:47. Reason: spell error corecting

Default Re: Spectacle won't start when pressing PrintScreen button on keyboard

I do not know what happened to your images, but what I get clicking on them is barely readable.

Maybe better post them on http://paste.opensuse.org ?
    Henk van Velden

Did you happen to have a context menu open anywhere at the time you tried to invoke Spectacle?

I'm unable to check on 42.3 at the moment, but on Tumbleweed there seems to be a bug (which, coincidentally, I reported just a few minutes before reading your post) that inhibits spectacle from opening when a context menu is being displayed.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385357
    Regards, Paul

Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20190814) KDE Plasma 5 ~~~
    Non-Tumbling Tumblweed (20150508) KDE 4 - Resurrected
    Leap 15.0 KDE Plasma 5 ~~~ Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5 (Work in progress...)

I don't know if I can edit my first post after somebody already commented on it.
    Someone said that pictures I have added to first post is not readable so will add them again.

By the way.. For some reason, after another reboot it started working.. I think its just KDE glitch.

Nice it works again. But on the other hand, it is always a bit frustrating when one can not say: I know what it was, I repaired it and thus it will not return.

BTW that other place you put the pictures on asks me to allow a lot of third party sites to run scripts. I am not sure everybody will allow that. Why not using the openSUSE site I advised?
    Henk van Velden