Thread: KDE: "Window to Screen #" shortcut minimizes non-maximized window to smallest possible size

Default KDE: "Window to Screen #" shortcut minimizes non-maximized window to smallest possible size

Hey,

I set shortcuts to move my individual windows to screen 1 or 0 (dual monitor setup with different sizes). However, if the window isn't maximized it will appear on the other screen as intended but at the smallest possible size. The weird thing is, this behaviour doesn't happen when I manually right-click on the window and tell it to move to the other screen.

system settings > Shortcuts > Global Shortcuts > Kwin > Window to screen x
    this is where I set it btw.

Any idea what's causing this and how I could fix it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Default Re: KDE: "Window to Screen #" shortcut minimizes non-maximized window to smallest possible size

You may have to set-up some custom Window Attributes: <https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kde-...tributes1.html>.

Default Re: KDE: "Window to Screen #" shortcut minimizes non-maximized window to smallest possible size

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    You may have to set-up some custom Window Attributes: <https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kde-...tributes1.html>.
    I could set a position and bind a key to bring it to that position, but I would have to do that additionally after moving the window.

It would be nicer to find a more direct solution that stops it from altering its behavior between shortcut and manual issued command (even though it's the same command essentially). I think this is definitely a bug if there's no 'simple' solution.

I use CTRL + Space to move it to one screen, and CTRL + SHIFT + Space to move it to the other. As far as I know these shortcuts don't conflict with anything that shrinks the window size.