Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wireless doesn't work, help.

  1. #1

    Angry Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Hi! I just installed OpenSuse Leap 42.3 on my desktop computer and it has some kind of a problem with wireless connection(Wireless works just fine on windows 10). I tried browsing forums, but couldn't successfully find a solution.
    Anyone who could help me fix this problem?


    Thanks for any help in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    A few interesting details might help;

    What computer and model?
    If a self-built one, what wireless adapter?

    Do you have kernel-firmware package installed?
    .: miuku @ #opensuse @ irc.libera.chat

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    A few interesting details might help;

    What computer and model?
    If a self-built one, what wireless adapter?

    Do you have kernel-firmware package installed?
    I have SABERTOOTH P67 motherboard with 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter.
    Yes I do have kernel-firmware package installed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    29,775

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by MShubitidze View Post
    Hi! I just installed OpenSuse Leap 42.3 on my desktop computer and it has some kind of a problem with wireless connection(Wireless works just fine on windows 10). I tried browsing forums, but couldn't successfully find a solution.
    Anyone who could help me fix this problem?


    Thanks for any help in advance!
    In the first few sticky threads on this Wireless sub-forum there is information on what you can do to post helpful information. Just calling "help" does not help much.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by MShubitidze View Post
    300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter..
    Do you know the exactly make and model of the PCI adapter? If not, you could check Windows Device Manager for this information.

    The reason being once we know it, we can tell you what driver/package you need.
    .: miuku @ #opensuse @ irc.libera.chat

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    In the first few sticky threads on this Wireless sub-forum there is information on what you can do to post helpful information. Just calling "help" does not help much.
    Thanks for the information! I'll try to take into account next time.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Do you know the exactly make and model of the PCI adapter? If not, you could check Windows Device Manager for this information.

    The reason being once we know it, we can tell you what driver/package you need.
    Sorry for not including the model of the PCI adapter in the first place. TL-WN851ND - this is the model.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,187

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by MShubitidze View Post
    Sorry for not including the model of the PCI adapter in the first place. TL-WN851ND - this is the model.
    I might be wrong here but this adapter should use the Atheros 9k chipset and also should work out of the box.

    Perhaps you should check the Wireless steps on how to enable and use NetworkManager, here; https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ce/cha.nm.html
    .: miuku @ #opensuse @ irc.libera.chat

  9. #9

    Default Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I might be wrong here but this adapter should use the Atheros 9k chipset and also should work out of the box.

    Perhaps you should check the Wireless steps on how to enable and use NetworkManager, here; https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ce/cha.nm.html
    I will check it out right away, once again, thanks for your help!

  10. #10

    Red face Re: Wireless doesn't work, help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I might be wrong here but this adapter should use the Atheros 9k chipset and also should work out of the box.

    Perhaps you should check the Wireless steps on how to enable and use NetworkManager, here; https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ce/cha.nm.html
    Seems like i didn't have NetworkManager enabled... Link helped and I'm kind of mad at myself for this kind of mistake.
    Thanks a lot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •