Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Update - now IPv6 adress on interface

Default Re: Update - now IPv6 adress on interface

Yeah, but "fun" fact is: I get an IPv6 adress on the interface after EVERY reboot now, as long as NetworkManager is enabled. Would have to switch to Wicked and back after every reboot now.

With Wicked enabled I don't get an IPv6 address. That's no fun!
    Kind regards

raspu

Quote Originally Posted by suse_rasputin View Post
    Yeah, but "fun" fact is: I get an IPv6 adress on the interface after EVERY reboot now, as long as NetworkManager is enabled. Would have to switch to Wicked and back after every reboot now.
    Not seeing that behaviour here on TW 20171025 (using NetworkManager with IPv6 set to "Ignored")

http://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/6da8b8a5
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

...up to now I have this IPv6 address only on one machine (rest is under way), fresh installed with TW20171019 full DVD last weekend after updating yesterday. No applications installed, no special repos. This NetworkManager has its own life, apparently.

What I see on all machines is an IBus icon in the taskbar, with most machines switched to EN keyboard layout...
    Kind regards

raspu

This NetworkManager has its own life, apparently.

What I see on all machines is an IBus icon in the taskbar, with most machines switched to EN keyboard layout...
    You're not alone it would seem. https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/.../msg00486.html

I've had ibus uninstalled for quite a while (can't remember why)... so I'm not seeing that either.
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191012) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Yeah, but "fun" fact is: I get an IPv6 adress on the interface after EVERY reboot now, as long as NetworkManager is enabled.
    Go into NetworkManager, "Edit connections". There's a setting for enable/disable IPv6. However, you will have to do that for every connection -- but just once, not every reboot. For the wired (ethernet) connection, that will require the root password.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

It's already set to "Ignored" for IPv6, from first day. And in Yast-> Network Settings IPv6 is turned off, too. And the interface configured for DHCP IPv4-only.

No additional option to turn IPv6 off... :-(
    Kind regards

raspu

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234