Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: xfce Okular hyperlinks are not working

Blog Entries

Default Re: xfce Okular hyperlinks are not working

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    Heh,heh. Out of curiosity, how did you manage to do that?
    With mod powers....slipped on the 'edit post' rather than 'reply with quote'! At least we've both stopped with the incessant winking!

BTW, the kcmshell4 command is part of the 'kdebase4-runtime' package.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Install the necessary first
    ... and "the necessary" would be ...
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Blog Entries

... and "the necessary" would be ...

With mod powers....slipped on the 'edit post' rather than 'reply with quote'! At least we've both stopped with the incessant winking![QUOTE}

... something distracted us ... [NOWINK]:-P[/NOWINK]

ahh, that is already installed -- at least on my 42.2 system. Just trying it now.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    ~~

Okay, it does not seem to work as it should.

The KDE Control Module comes up as expected. Under Email Client, I was able to choose Thunderbird and set it. Works fine.

But, under Web Browser, choose "in the following browser:", there is no browser listed in the menu, even though Firefox *is* installed and *is* in the Xfce Launcher menu.

From there, clicking on the "..." at the right, I can browse to the Firefox binary, either through /usr/bin/firefox (the link) or directly /usr/lib/firefox/firefox and hit apply, but it does not hold.

The following is the output:
    Code:
    gerry@FBAsusLtp01:~> kcmshell4 componentchooser
    kcmshell(3691)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme "oxygen" not found! 

X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
      Major opcode: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
      Resource id:  0x0
    kcmshell(3691) KSambaSharePrivate::testparmParamValue: Running testparm ("-d0", "-s", "--parameter-name", "usershare path")
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-visio.template.macroEnabled.main+xml"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-visio.drawing.macroEnabled.main+xml"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-visio.stencil.macroEnabled.main+xml"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12"
    kcmshell(3691) KMimeTypeRepository::parents: "/usr/share/mime/subclasses"  refers to unknown mimetype  "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroEnabled.12"
    X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
      Major opcode: 18 (X_ChangeProperty)
      Resource id:  0x0

QClipboard: Unable to receive an event from the clipboard manager in a reasonable time
    gerry@FBAsusLtp01:~>
    ... yet, I can successfully choose instead "xfce4-appfinder" and it will hold.

After that, when I click on a link in Okular, the appfinder will pop up, and I can choose Firefox in there, and the link then pops up. There is no apparent way to save the link to Firefox, though, and it is necessary to go through the appfinder and then to Firefox each time I click a link.

It (sorta) works, as a workaround, but I imagine that is not what the OP really wants.

For me, it is just as easy, if not easier, to select the text, copy, and paste it into Firefox.

So, something is not working there.

... but, I rarely click links in PDF files, anyway. And, 42.2 is approaching EOL. So it is not something I need, did not even notice it was not working until I saw the OP.

Still, if you get no response from the User who created the Original Post in the meantime, I will continue to test until I fall asleep, just so we can provide an elegant solution.

... and your next suggestion would be?
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    ~~

Blog Entries

Okay, it does not seem to work as it should.

The KDE Control Module comes up as expected. Under Email Client, I was able to choose Thunderbird and set it. Works fine.

But, under Web Browser, choose "in the following browser:", there is no browser listed in the menu, even though Firefox *is* installed and *is* in the Xfce Launcher menu.

From there, clicking on the "..." at the right, I can browse to the Firefox binary, either through /usr/bin/firefox (the link) or directly /usr/lib/firefox/firefox and hit apply, but it does not hold.
    I have no idea why it doesn't hold. The kcmshell4 changes are made to ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals
    Code:
    [General]
    BrowserApplication[$e]=!firefox
    I'll leave you to investigate further - I'm running openSUSE 42.3 (with KDE Plasma 5).

I have no idea why it doesn't hold. The kcmshell4 changes are made to ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals
    Code:
    [General]
    BrowserApplication[$e]=!firefox
    If you want to use Firefox, you can just delete that "BrowserApplication" line though, as Firefox is the default anyway.

Also, it may be that the application actually doesn't use the (KDE) default browser, but rather the application associated with the "text/html" mimetype.
    The standard file associations can be changed in "kcmshell4 filetypes".

Note that KDE actually follows standards here, but KDE4 (being outdated and basically unmaintained) uses an older one.
    KF5 should actually respect the XFCE settings, or more precise, should use the same (newer) standard and config files as XFCE for this.
    (Okular in 42.2 is still KDE4 based, 42.3 contains the KF5 version)

See also https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...s#XDG_standard

Although, according to Fraser_Bell's previous comment, that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    If you want to use Firefox, you can just delete that "BrowserApplication" line though, as Firefox is the default anyway.

Also, it may be that the application actually doesn't use the (KDE) default browser, but rather the application associated with the "text/html" mimetype.
    The standard file associations can be changed in "kcmshell4 filetypes".
    Yes, perhaps that is the case. I don't use openSUSE 42.2 any longer so can't test.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Actually, the OP's problem is that the hyperlink in the PDF isn't launching a browser at all, but rather...

I got a small problem, namely when clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf in Okular the system starts R and shows me - what I believe is the - html code of the webpage.

Blog Entries

...and as you've mentioned it may well be the case that....
    ...the application actually doesn't use the (KDE) default browser, but rather the application associated with the "text/html" mimetype.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast