freerdp crash when remote desktop produces sound

Hi, yesterday freerdp was updated to v2.0.0~rc0-1.1. Since then, whenever the remote desktop produces a sound, freerdp crashes.
Does anybody else experience this?
Should I report it upstream?

TIA
Cris

Could you post your cli options? At least the ones for sound?

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik!

I’m not really using any cli options, because I’m using freerdp through KRDC.
In KRDC I have configured sound to play through the local PC, using ALSA.

However, after posting my first message I noticed that today Tumbleweed failed to detect my sound hardware, so it behaves as if I have no sound output devices. Maybe that’s the problem (although I believe this should not crash freerdp anyway).

As soon as I can reboot I’ll see if this is just a transient problem or something related to an updated kernel (I’m on 4.12.11-1-default). Provided my next boot will recognize my sound hardware, I’ll see if the freerdp problem is due to the missing output device and I will report back.

Thank you!
Cris

A second after replying it dawned on me that I could use ps to see the cli options.
So here it is, FWIW:

xfreerdp -decorations /w:1874 /h:1016 /kbd:0x00000410 /d:d1 /u:AMENDED /parent-window:6298939 /bpp:24 /audio-mode:0 /sound:sys:alsa /drive:media /home/cristiano /network:lan /rfx /cert-ignore +clipboard /port:3389 /v:AMENDED /p:***************

Cris

I tried to reproduce your issue, but I was not “successful”. That means, on my system freerdp does not crash. I use the cli version. Maybe you could test this, event though I don’t think, that it makes a difference.
If you want to file a bug report, I suggest, to file an openSUSE bug first. AFAIR there was a packaging issue with 2.0.0-RC0.

Hendrik

OK, now I’m sure I have a problem with sound.
Hardware is detected correctly, but pulseaudio daemon does not start.

I have the log full of lines like these:

set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32188]: [pulseaudio] module-ladspa-sink.c: The 'master' module argument is deprecated and may be removed in the future, please use the 'sink_master' argument instead.
set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32188]: [pulseaudio] module-ladspa-sink.c: Master sink not found.
set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32188]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-ladspa-sink" (argument: "sink_name=ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq master= plugin=mbeq_1197 label=mbeq control=3.0,3.0,7.3,7.0,3.0,-1.0,-6.6,-6.3,-4.5,-4.0,1.1,1.2,5.8,7.9,8.8"): initialization failed.
set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32188]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32188]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
set 14 09:08:58 xmper8q3.gcv.dom pulseaudio[32185]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

However, this is off-topic now.
I’ll post a new thread with these details.

Thank you Hendrik for your help!!

Cris

Just to end the thread, so that if someone comes here searching for help on pulseaudio problems he knows what I did to solve them: I deleted everything under ~/.config/pulse and then the pulseaudio daemon started without problems.

Hope this helps…

Cris