Thread: Leap 43.2 KDE problem with resolutionon dell xps 13.3 inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) and dual monitor

Default Leap 43.2 KDE problem with resolutionon dell xps 13.3 inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) and dual monitor

I installed opensuse Leap 42.3 on dell xps 13.3 inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) and I have the big problem with resolution.
    The same problem is with the second monitor.
    Any tips how to correct this?

Default Re: Leap 43.2 KDE problem with resolutionon dell xps 13.3 inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) and dual monitor

Do you mind, telling us, what "the big problem" is?
    So I can only guess, that all letters in headlines, menus, etc. are way too small.
    If so, open the KDE settings, the fonts settings. There you find a box, where you can enforce the DPI value.
    Try to set this to the correct value for your resolution and screen size.

Hendrik

Default Re: Leap 43.2 KDE problem with resolutionon dell xps 13.3 inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) and dual monitor

The problem is with the resolution it means that the letter and icons on my laptop desktop are way too small.

I have temporarily solved this problem by changing the scale to 2 (in Display Settings) and changing the DPI value to 192 (in font settings).

But still, some other applications require manual changing in font size etc.

But now I have a similar problem with the second monitor (dual monitor settings), also the resolution is wrong, but on the second monitor the icons and letter a too big.

Maybe somebody knows how to change the scale or DPI for the second monitor?

My laptop monitor is 3200x1800 (but I change the scale to 2) and my second monitor is 1920x1080.