Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18

    Question Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Hi all,

    I'd like to install conky on my TW, to make a nice systemmonitor on my desktop( I've had it before, nice toy!).
    And; it's available in my repo's, twice even:
    Code:
    rgon:~ # zypper search -s conky                   
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    S | Name              | Type       | Version     | Arch   | Repository            
    --+-------------------+------------+-------------+--------+----------------------
      | conky             | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | conky             | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
      | conky             | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | conky             | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | i586   | Main Repository (OSS)
      | conky             | srcpackage | 1.10.6-13.2 | noarch | packman               
      | conky-debuginfo   | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | conky-debuginfo   | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | conky-debugsource | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | conky-debugsource | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | conky-doc         | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | conky-doc         | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
      | conky-doc         | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | conky-doc         | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | i586   | Main Repository (OSS)
      | nano-plugin-conky | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | nano-plugin-conky | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
      | nano-plugin-conky | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | nano-plugin-conky | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | i586   | Main Repository (OSS)
      | vim-plugin-conky  | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | x86_64 | packman               
      | vim-plugin-conky  | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
      | vim-plugin-conky  | package    | 1.10.6-13.2 | i586   | packman               
      | vim-plugin-conky  | package    | 1.10.6-6.1  | i586   | Main Repository (OSS)
    argon:~ #
    
    
    However, when I try to install, zypper says it can't because of unmet dependencies:

    Code:
    argon:~ # zypper install conky    
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Problem: nothing provides liblua.so.5.1()(64bit) needed by conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 1: do not install conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 2: break conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c
    argon:~ #
    
    
    How can that be? I always thought the repo's (at least, the official and mainstream ones) were alligned for all packages (is that the right word?) In other words: when a package is in a repo, all deps should be as well? Or is that a wrong assumption?
    And, to be concrete: how can I install conky in a future-proof way?.
    My repolist:
    Code:
    argon:~ # zypper ls -d
    # | Alias                               | Name                       | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                      
    --+-------------------------------------+----------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss       | Main Repository (NON-OSS)  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/                    
    2 | download.opensuse.org-oss           | Main Repository (OSS)      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/                        
    3 | download.opensuse.org-tumbleweed    | Main Update Repository     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/tumbleweed/                          
    4 | http-download.opensuse.org-ca32788b | Education                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
    5 | libdvdcss                           | libdvdcss                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/                      
    6 | openSUSE-20170322-0                 | openSUSE-20170322-0        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GH22NS70_K2ZB6A85424  
    7 | packman                             | packman                    | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/      
    8 | repo-debug                          | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Debug  | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/tumbleweed/repo/oss/                  
    9 | repo-source                         | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Source | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/tumbleweed/repo/oss/                 
    argon:~ #
    
    
    
    Any other info needed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Hi
    Yes, until things clean up in staging and conky builds....

    It's building now in the development repo;
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...nitoring/conky

    Not made it through to Factory...
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...AFactory/conky

    You could install via;
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/conky-1.10.6-53.3.x86_64.rpm
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Thx for your answer.
    I understand at this moment the package isn't updated in the repos I have active, but it is in the monitoring/dev repo.
    Is there any way to tell if it will come later in the other repo?
    And, when I decide to install from /monitoring / dev won't I get dependency problems later with it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Just FYI there was a thread on the factory mailing lists about the same issue for other packages: https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-.../msg00433.html
    My understanding is that the lua library was changed from lua-5.1 to lua5.1and now packages that depended on it need to be corrected.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Quote Originally Posted by rjab View Post
    Thx for your answer.
    I understand at this moment the package isn't updated in the repos I have active, but it is in the monitoring/dev repo.
    Is there any way to tell if it will come later in the other repo?
    And, when I decide to install from /monitoring / dev won't I get dependency problems later with it?
    Hi
    Because it's probably a outer ring package (as in not essential to the distro), so they can take a little while to get through the process and into a Tumbleweed snapshot.

    When you use zypper dup at some point it may, depending on the release number, but it will be the same package and should ask to downgrade and get back to the main repositories.

    And no, you will only get conky, the rest are from the oss repo so no dependency issues.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Yes, until things clean up in staging and conky builds....

    It's building now in the development repo;
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...nitoring/conky

    Not made it through to Factory...
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...AFactory/conky

    You could install via;
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/conky-1.10.6-53.3.x86_64.rpm
    Hello

    This thread came with good timing for me as Conky was something i was going to try to install this weekend. I'm in no rush for it, & would prefer to do it by the standard / default openSUSE repos enabled in my TW. Wrt your info here, should i simply keep trying to install it, say every few days, until zypper is happy for me to proceed with no dependency problems... or ... to borrow OP's codebox:
    Code:
    argon:~ # zypper install conky    
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Problem: nothing provides liblua.so.5.1()(64bit) needed by conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 1: do not install conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 2: break conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c
    argon:~ #
    ...would it be viable for me to proceed now anyway, choosing Solution 2 [ie, accepting that it will not yet work], but trusting that a future zypper dup will sooner or later automagically make it work?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Hello

    This thread came with good timing for me as Conky was something i was going to try to install this weekend. I'm in no rush for it, & would prefer to do it by the standard / default openSUSE repos enabled in my TW. Wrt your info here, should i simply keep trying to install it, say every few days, until zypper is happy for me to proceed with no dependency problems... or ... to borrow OP's codebox:
    Code:
    argon:~ # zypper install conky    
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    Problem: nothing provides liblua.so.5.1()(64bit) needed by conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 1: do not install conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64
     Solution 2: break conky-1.10.6-13.2.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c): c
    argon:~ #
    ...would it be viable for me to proceed now anyway, choosing Solution 2 [ie, accepting that it will not yet work], but trusting that a future zypper dup will sooner or later automagically make it work?
    Hi
    No, either wait until the rebuilt conky arrives or install conky (and only conky) from the server:monitoring repo so it picks up the correct lua libraries.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Thanks, but...
    wait until the rebuilt conky arrives
    How do i know when it arrives, unless i am constantly trying to install it between now & then, & aborting it each time i still get the errors? Ie, is there some other way i can "know" when it is available?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    Thanks, but...


    How do i know when it arrives, unless i am constantly trying to install it between now & then, & aborting it each time i still get the errors? Ie, is there some other way i can "know" when it is available?
    Hi
    When this has not in a failed state....
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...AFactory/conky

    Or here;
    https://openqa.opensuse.org/factory-package-news/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Install conky: dependency not met in repos

    Oh, fabulous links -- many thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •