Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

Unhappy Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

I updated my 3 machines, all running Tumbleweed, to 4.12.8-1 yesterday. Firefox and Seamonkey are being updated automatically to the latest version via Mozilla repository.
    After update all 3 machines started to have problems while using either Firefox and Seamonkey. Problem for both browsers is the same: scripts on many pages (for example, Yahoo) make brossers slow, with eventually showing error about scripts (stop, wait, debug) or make browsers unresponsive completely. Looks like problem for Seamonkey is worse than for Firefox. There is no such problem with Chrome.

I searched for "scripts unresponsive issues with Firefox", and tried a few fixes offered, but nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Default AW: Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

updated automatically to the latest version via Mozilla repository
    Do the Version from the OSS Repo work?

Default Re: AW: Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Do the Version from the OSS Repo work?
    Thanks for a tip. I haven't tried those, but I will and report back.

Default Re: AW: Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

Quote Originally Posted by vfilipch View Post
    Thanks for a tip. I haven't tried those, but I will and report back.
    I tried it. No difference, the same problem.

Default Re: Tumbleweed 4.12.8-1 broke mozilla

Hi,
    I don't have such issue, running FF 55 from Mozillas repo.
    Snapshot:
    Code:
    cat /etc/os-release 
    NAME="openSUSE Tumbleweed"
    # VERSION="20170825"
    Have you tried running it with a new profile and see if that is the issue?
    Code:
    firefox -no-remote -P "test"
    merk

there has been a big code update in both FF55 and SM2.48 a lot of the older addons are having issues this sounds like either a bad profile or a bad addon I'd say try running FF in safe mode hit the 3 horizontal lines -> the ? button -> then restart with addons disabled

Code:
    firefox -no-remote -P "test"

I tried but it didn't make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    there has been a big code update in both FF55 and SM2.48 a lot of the older addons are having issues this sounds like either a bad profile or a bad addon I'd say try running FF in safe mode hit the 3 horizontal lines -> the ? button -> then restart with addons disabled
    Tried. Didn't help.
    I am going to reinstall systems completely, one by one. All my machines are running syncthing, so backup for personal files is not an issue.

BTW, Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi don't have this problem, only Firefox and Seamonkey (my favorite).

Thanks to everyone for your help!

BTW, Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi don't have this problem, only Firefox and Seamonkey (my favorite).
    After Vivaldi, it beats me why anyone would ever look at any other browser again. It's always interesting to me how varied different people's tastes & preferences are.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGirl View Post
    After Vivaldi, it beats me why anyone would ever look at any other browser again. It's always interesting to me how varied different people's tastes & preferences are.
    2 reasons Vivaldi is not open sourced so you can't be sure how secure it is do they do data mining and even tho it's chromium based and it's supposed to support chromium addons a lot of addons just don't work (check the vivaldi forums)
    if you want to use a chromium based browser use chromium at least it's open sourced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast