Thread: NetWorkManager configuration in Yast; is this SUSE newbie doing it right?

Default NetWorkManager configuration in Yast; is this SUSE newbie doing it right?

Here's my current set-up in Yast, for a single desktop computer, not in a network and not used as a server:

System --> Network Settings --> Global Options --> General Network Settings --> NetworkManager Service (instead of Wicked Service)

System --> Services Manager --> NetworkManager --> now set to Enabled

Software --> Software Management --> NetworkManager-openvpn install

Does this about sound right?

When I first installed Tumbleweed, I enabled NetworkManager in Services Manager without knowing enough to change from Wicked to NetworkManager in Network Settings, and thus assume that I had both Wicked and NetworkManager running at the same time. I want to set up my desktop properly, and hope someone will tell me if I'm missing something/have something wrong.

(I know how to configure my VPN with NetworkManager, and couldn't figure out how to do so in Network Services --> VPN Gateway and Clients . That's one argument for me to stick with NetworkManager, at least for me.)

Default Re: NetWorkManager configuration in Yast; is this SUSE newbie doing it right?

I think I can answer my own question:

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ec.nm.activate

Sorry, folks; I should have hunted harder for an answer before posting.