Thread: Installing Discord 0.0.2 from the downloaded .tar.gz results in a blank window

Default Installing Discord 0.0.2 from the downloaded .tar.gz results in a blank window

I was recently running Discord 0.0.1 (from an OBS repository) with no issues. Discord was just updated, and the repository was not, so I removed the repository, removed discord, and downloaded the latest discord from the website. I would not do this with most software, but Discord will not run on outdated versions.
    I unpacked the tarball and ran the contained "Discord" binary. It opened up a discord overlay, said its silly "recruiting robot hamsters" thing, configured itself, and then opened a proper window. That window was flat, blank #282b30, which is Discord's signature colour.
    I have removed all discord config files, and removed all other traces of discord from my system (save for icon themes, browser caches for my current temporary use, and the tarball itself), and tried again. Same result.

Any advice? Any dependencies I may be missing? Anyone who's a seasoned Discord on Linux expert?

Thanks for reading,

--Henry Wilson

Default Re: Installing Discord 0.0.2 from the downloaded .tar.gz results in a blank window

Just wanted to say I got the same problem

I fixed it by installing libc++ according to this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/...reen_on_linux/

Regards

Default Re: Installing Discord 0.0.2 from the downloaded .tar.gz results in a blank window

Out of curiosity, what package exactly did you install?

libc++-devel and its dependencies (recommended) worked for me, from the devel/tools/compiler repo.

Thank you much!