Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LibreOffice Problem

Default LibreOffice Problem

I've been having a problem opening any LibreOffice application ever since my last update of Leap 42.2. This was approx 3-4 weeks before Leap 42.3 came out. Which I thought might fix things. But it didn't. It's the same.

It doesn't matter if I click on LibreOffice icon, or any of the individual icons. I get LibreOffice trying to load, but it get's stuck, and doesn't load. I don't know what else to say. It's the same on my desktop and laptop. I even tried to delete LibreOffice and reinstall. Same problem.

Does anybody recognize these symptoms and have any clues how I might fix this?

Default Re: LibreOffice Problem

I don't have a solution, sorry, but my suggestion would be to get more info so that experts here [ie, not me] might be able to solve it. So, rather than trying to launch LO via menu, try launching it from Konsole / Terminal, then copy the subsequent [presumed] error messages that result, & paste here in a codebox.

Quote Originally Posted by stubble View Post
    Does anybody recognize these symptoms and have any clues how I might fix this?
    Please start LibreOffice from a GUI Terminal Window -- you don't mention which Desktop you're using -- and, post the Terminal output here.
    Also, please post the output of 'which'.

For example: Leap 42.2, KDE Plasma 5 with the Oxygen Theme -- therefore the "doesn't matter, it still works" error message . . .
    Code:
     > which -a libreoffice
    /usr/bin/libreoffice
    /usr/bin/X11/libreoffice
     > l /usr/bin/libreoffice
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 13. Jul 21:49 /usr/bin/libreoffice -> ../lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice*
     > 
     > libreoffice

(soffice:7245): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory base/ of theme oxygen has no size field

>

OK. I noticed 1 thing. If I open File Manager Super User and navigate to Root>usr>bin and click libreoffice. It works fine. What does that tell me?

My Office.Desktop file in 42.3 is

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env xdg-open[Desktop Entry]
    Name=Office
    Protocols=file;ftp;http;
    MimeType=application/x-scalc;application/x-smf;application/x-sdraw;application/x-sds;application/x-swriter;application/x-sgl;application/x-sda;
    Exec=libreoffice
    Icon=libreoffice-startcenter
    Path=$HOME
    Type=Application
    Terminal=0
    StartupNotify=false
    OnlyShowIn=KDE;
    Does that look right to anybody? It looks somewhat different to 42.2. For example StartUpNotify=true in 42.2

I'm using KDE

Output of which

Code:
    # which -a libreoffice/usr/bin/libreoffice
    /usr/bin/X11/libreoffice

# l /usr/bin/libreoffice
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Jul 27 16:35 /usr/bin/libreoffice -> ../lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice*

# libreoffice
    #

If you can launch libreoffice from superuser and cannot from yourself, looks like the problem is in either your configs, or in some subtle superuser-related rights.
    I'd suggest to create a new test user (via YaST), re-login under this new user, and try to launch libreoffice (preferably from konsole). It this succeeds, re-login under yourself again, remove configs (/home/<your_username>/.config/libreoffice, and /home/<your_username>/.libreoffice, if exists), and try to launch libreoffice again.
    If this does not succeed, the problem is more difficult, and we shall continue debugging.

What are the protections of "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/" and "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice"?

Please also, verify your packages -- with the user "root":
    Code:
     # zypper verify --details | less
     # rpm --verify --all | less
     # rcrpmconfigcheck | less
    Have you attempted to increase the system security by partially applying things SELinux does?
    Have you applied some of things mentioned in the openSUSE Security Guide? <https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ity/index.html>

Twice already you have been asked to run LO from a terminal and post the results. This is probably the best starting point to debug your issue (it is for me). Or did you already try it but it didn't help?

Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    Twice already you have been asked to run LO from a terminal and post the results. This is probably the best starting point to debug your issue (it is for me). Or did you already try it but it didn't help?
    Sorry. I've had a busy couple of days. I'll try to post the results today.But won't that be the same as using File Manager Super User and navigate to Root>usr>bin and click libreoffice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast