Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: K3b,libburn and mp3

  1. #1

    Default K3b,libburn and mp3

    Hi there!
    I have a clean install of Leap 42.3.
    When I run K3b, System Configuration Problems appears:
    Code:
    Unable to find cdrskin executable
    K3b uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
    Solution: Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin
    MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
    K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
    
    Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online update tool.
    I tried to install libburn and libmad from Yast > Software Management, but I didn't find them. ( I have PACKMAN, "http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/", as a Software Repository.)
    However, I can play mp3 files by mean VLC.

    Can somebody tell me where can I find those packages?

    Thank you, in advance.
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viçosa, Brasil
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by aecordoba View Post
    Hi there!
    I have a clean install of Leap 42.3.
    When I run K3b, System Configuration Problems appears:
    Code:
    Unable to find cdrskin executable
    K3b uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
    Solution: Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin
    MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
    K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
    
    Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online update tool.

    I tried to install libburn and libmad from Yast > Software Management, but I didn't find them. ( I have PACKMAN, "http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/", as a Software Repository.)
    However, I can play mp3 files by mean VLC.

    Can somebody tell me where can I find those packages?

    Thank you, in advance.

    Try:

    Code:
    sudo zypper install libmad0 libburn4 libisoburn1
    --
    Biostatistics and Data Science
    https://bio-data.github.io/

  3. #3

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Thnk you for reply.
    But libmad0 libburn4 libisoburn1 libs are alredy installed.

    Code:
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libmad0
    libmad0-0.15.1b-1.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libburn4
    libburn4-1.4.4-3.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libisoburn1
    libisoburn1-1.4.4-3.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> 
    
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viçosa, Brasil
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by aecordoba View Post
    Thnk you for reply.
    But libmad0 libburn4 libisoburn1 libs are alredy installed.

    Code:
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libmad0
    libmad0-0.15.1b-1.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libburn4
    libburn4-1.4.4-3.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa libisoburn1
    libisoburn1-1.4.4-3.1.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> 
    
    hmmm... There is a package called cdrskin, have you tried it?
    --
    Biostatistics and Data Science
    https://bio-data.github.io/

  5. #5

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by viniciusbrbio View Post
    hmmm... There is a package called cdrskin, have you tried it?
    You are right.
    I installed cdrskin, and it resolved the first problem.

    But "MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found" is still present.

    Thanks.
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viçosa, Brasil
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Ok. Is the k3b from packman repo?
    --
    Biostatistics and Data Science
    https://bio-data.github.io/

  7. #7

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by viniciusbrbio View Post
    Ok. Is the k3b from packman repo?
    K3b was intalled with Leap 42.3 installation.
    Code:
    adrian@asia:~> rpm -qa k3b
    k3b-17.04.2-2.3.x86_64
    adrian@asia:~> 
    
    
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Viçosa, Brasil
    Posts
    263

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Change the vendor to packman in YasT.
    --
    Biostatistics and Data Science
    https://bio-data.github.io/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,139

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Multimedia problems must always first tackled by doing the "Vendor switch to Packman". When that is not done, mot here will not even start to try to solve a multimedia problem.


    To do the Vendor switch:
    YaST > Software Management, then from the View menu choose Repositories. Then in the list of repos, select Packman. At right, above the list of Packages there is a line saying something like: Switch system packages to ..... Click on the underlined part and continue low-right.
    Henk van Velden

  10. #10

    Default Re: K3b,libburn and mp3

    Quote Originally Posted by viniciusbrbio View Post
    Change the vendor to packman in YasT.
    Thank you, very much.
    Changing k3b vendor to Packman resolved the problem.
    [Adrián E. Córdoba]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •