Thread: Fingerprint authentication

Question Fingerprint authentication

Hi,

I trying to make working fingerprint authentication in my openSUSE install. There are two main problems which I cannot solve for now:
    1. How to get two factor authentication so either fingerprint and password are required.
    2. How to change pam settings so when I run sudo or su it will ask for my fingerprint.

If this isn't right place to ask for help in this topic please point my to right place in all official documentation from openSUSE I read I cannot find solution to my problems.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fingerprint authentication

You need to include in your post...

- The Desktop installed (eg KDE, Gnome)
    - If you have it partially working, describe what you've installed and configured to this point.

For now, there are a great many ways to install fingerprint reader support, and any suggestion may not match what you've already done.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Default Re: Fingerprint authentication

Hi,

I manage to setup fingerprint authentication while I login to desktop session. I have Gnome installed.