Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desktop Cube Animation setup

Default Re: Desktop Cube Animation setup

Yeah, I found the setup locations, thank you. It's just that they are not working.

I'm having a panels issue in this thread https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...50#post2827450 and my best guess is that it's preventing the settings changes from taking effect.

To be clear, specifically, the zoom and background color adjustments have zero effect.

Zoom works here you do have to apply the change before it takes effect. Never played with back ground color but the wall paper option works fine. Just check color also works fine. Just be sure you hit the apply button before testing

Okay, CTRL F11 is now getting a cube which I can grab and rotate, and the zoom out seems to work. But the switching between desktops seems unrelated to this, and is unchanged. Also, I forgot to mention I have a dual monitor setup (I don't know if this is a factor).

Maybe

Rotate to the desk you want and right click to change. You can also set the desktop switch using the pager on the panel (if installed) to do so by cube rotation animation.

Thank you for the help. I am slowly figuring it out.

It's a shame that in the system settings / workspace / desktop behavior / virtual desktops / switching tab / window you have two options neither of which are quite right:

-In the shortcuts / action options, most of the actions have the duration of the switch customizable, and it's nice to tune it just right. However, they don't seem to use the other settings for customizing your cube animation (zoom in particular).

-'walk through desktop list' seems to be the only one that lets you set up and customize the look of the animation (I can manipulate the zoom, and see the reflections and the logo on the top and bottom of cube), but the transition happens fairly instantly upon pressing your hotkey, and you don't really get to see the cube animation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12