Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions about Chrome?

Default Re: Opinions about Chrome?

This is great info, thanks.

Specifically, if I like using my google account on my android phone (with the proviso that I don't do anything on the phone that I want to be secure), is there any google account and chrome on linux overlap that has benefits that one doesn't get with other browsers?

Okay, after some testing (especially vs Firefox), just video playback on Netflix and Google Play seems reason enough to keep it. I do agree with the attractions of all open-source, but I'm a cord cutter and need my video...

Quote Originally Posted by dcnblues View Post
    Okay, after some testing (especially vs Firefox), just video playback on Netflix and Google Play seems reason enough to keep it. I do agree with the attractions of all open-source, but I'm a cord cutter and need my video...
    I'm nor really sure what you mean?
    as android devices have build in hardware decoders (video decoding is done by hardware not software on phines) media rendering is not browser dependent
    I have tried chromium and firefox on android and run a few tests
    in my experience Firefox is about 20% faster then Chrome this is due to an updated javascript engine
    a simple test can be done here (it's an older test site but more or less accurate)
    http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/
    on my old android I get a score ~500 with Firefox and ~400 with Chrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12