icons dissapear from desktop menu and dolphin

Hi, in an almost new 42.2 Leap desktop menu buttons and dolphin icons dissapeared after some librarys installed.Also some other program miss icons, yet konqueror remains untouched. How could I get these icons back ?
Also CTRL+ does not work to make test bigger.

Did you maybe install qt5ct?
This overrides Plasma’s platform plugin, which basically means it overrides KF5’s/Plasma5’s style settings including the icon theme (so applications might not find their icons).

Also CTRL+ does not work to make test bigger.

Can you be more specific?
Where should CTRL+ make text bigger, and doesn’t work any more?

Thank you very much, removing qt5ct and reinstalling plasma solved the problem. I don’t know why I thought qt5ct might be helpful.

CTRL+ seems to be quite another question. I used to make text displayed by a www browser like firefox bigger by pressing CTRL
and “+” keys at the same time. Now it doesn’t work any more. Correspondingly CRTL- made displayed text smaller.
Maybe you have any idea why it doesn’t work properly.

Thank you
Z

Yes, it can be helpful if you use a desktop that’s not supported by Qt5 (or doesn’t “support” Qt5), you can change the appearance of Qt5 applications with it.

But as I wrote, it “breaks” Plasma5’s settings, as it overrides them too.

IMHO this is a “bug” in the qt5ct package.
It has been changed recently to hopefully not override the settings in a KDE desktop, but that change is not in 42.2 yet.

CTRL+ seems to be quite another question.

Yes, probably better to open a new thread about this.

I used to make text displayed by a www browser like firefox bigger by pressing CTRL
and “+” keys at the same time. Now it doesn’t work any more. Correspondingly CRTL- made displayed text smaller.
Maybe you have any idea why it doesn’t work properly.

Not really.
I don’t use Firefox, that shortcut works fine in Konqueror here. But that’s quite specific to the application anyway.

Though one problem may be that it’s grabbed by the desktop for some reason, did you maybe assign it to something else?

Hi, I have Leap 42.3 now and no qt5 at all, and the problem with disappeared buttons and sliders came back. Any Idea, what to do ?

Can you please describe in more details what your current problem is?
Maybe post a screenshot.

It sure works fine here, and I haven’t heard of similar problems from other users in the recent past either…

If it helps at all, I can confirm the Ctrl-+ combination is working as expected in Firefox in 42.2 (I am using Xfce, but that shouldn’t make a difference in FF).