Thread: Unable to install gnome-boxes: requires older libspice and/or liboopenssl

Default Unable to install gnome-boxes: requires older libspice and/or liboopenssl

When using YAST to install boxes I get the following conflict error.

Code:
    gnome-boxes-3.24.0-1.2.x86_64 requires libspice-client-glib-2.0.so.8()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    uninstallable providers: libspice-client-glib-2_0-8-0.33-6.2.x86_64[openSUSE-Tumbleweed_OSS]
        [ ] downgrade of libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.2k-3.1.x86_64 to libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.2k-2.2.x86_64

[ ] do not install gnome-boxes-3.24.0-1.2.x86_64

[ ] break gnome-boxes-3.24.0-1.2.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
    I did an update but still getting the same conflict

Default Re: Unable to install gnome-boxes: requires older libspice and/or liboopenssl

This affecting my attempt to install google-chrome as well. It looks like libopenssl is the culprit.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unable to install gnome-boxes: requires older libspice and/or liboopenssl

Hi
    So where did you libopenssl version come from?
    Code:
    libopenssl1_0_0-1.0.2k-3.1.x86_64

zypper if libopenssl1
    Version 2.2 is what's on the repos.... let it downgrade, make sure you use zypper with the --no-allow-vendor-change when dupping.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Well, I did a zypper dup --no-allow-vedor-change and that fixed it. Did that before I did the info though, so not sure where it came from . I am running Firefox 53 from the OBS mozilla repo so maybe it came with that? Anyway, that fixed it and maybe one or two other things that I learned from this thread: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...ackages-update.

Thanks again.