Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ibus doesn't find any engine

Default Re: ibus doesn't find any engine

Haha yeah I guess it's not that old.

I filed a bug here. Hopefully someone will come along and tell us it's not a bug, and show us an easy fix.

In any case, I can confirm what @deano_ferrari said: ibus is not system-critical, and should only be required for certain ibus-specific input methods. I did not have it installed at all on my laptop with a fresh install of Tumbleweed 13.3, and only installed it to get Chinese input working (though perhaps it is different if your default locale is not US English).

So what's going on with your computer right now? You can't type anything in at all? Is it only in the desktop environment, or also in the virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F1)?

Quote Originally Posted by rlue View Post
    Haha yeah I guess it's not that old.

I filed a bug here. Hopefully someone will come along and tell us it's not a bug, and show us an easy fix.

In any case, I can confirm what @deano_ferrari said: ibus is not system-critical, and should only be required for certain ibus-specific input methods. I did not have it installed at all on my laptop with a fresh install of Tumbleweed 13.3, and only installed it to get Chinese input working (though perhaps it is different if your default locale is not US English).

So what's going on with your computer right now? You can't type anything in at all? Is it only in the desktop environment, or also in the virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F1)?
    Thank you for reporting; Wasn't sure if this was a bug that needed to be reported on the issue tracker, though it definitely looks like it now.

As for what happens to my system: If the ibus daemon dies, I can no longer type in the fields of some applications, though I can keep typing in others. Some KDE programs only let me type the first letter in a field, after that I can no longer type until restarting ibus.
    openSUSE Tumbleweed x64, KDE Framework 5

Hey @MirceaKitsune, don't know if you get email updates on the bug I filed, but there's an update:

It looks like some missing dependency. Could you try to install python2-gobject-Gdk package?
    I've already removed openSUSE and reinstalled OS X. Perhaps you could give it a shot and tell the team how it works?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12