Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: VLC cannot play mp4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    150

    Default VLC cannot play mp4

    VLC says:


    Code:
    Codec not supported:VLC could not decode the format "mp4a" (MPEG AAC Audio)



    I have followed the post at
    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper ref 
    Repository 'Adobe Flash Plugin' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                     
    Repository 'Main Repository (NON-OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                              
    Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                            
    Repository 'Main Repository (OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                  
    Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                 
    Repository 'home:ecsos' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                             
    Repository 'libdvdcss' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                              
    Repository 'multimedia:apps' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'multimedia:libs' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'nVidia Graphics Drivers' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                
    Repository 'packman' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                
    All repositories have been refreshed.

    but get this output when installing libraries:


    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2 dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux k3b-codecs vlc-beta h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-beta-codecs                                                                                                                               
    
    
    Loading repository data...                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Reading installed packages...                                                                                                                                                                                      
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux' not found.                                                                                                                                                      
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux' not found.                                                                                                                                                        
    Package 'gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon' not found.                                                                                                                                                              
    
    
    'gstreamer-plugins-base' is already installed.                                                                                                                                                                     
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-base', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-base-1.12.0-82.1.x86_64' to install this candidate.                            
    'gstreamer-plugins-bad' is already installed.                                                                                                                                                                      
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-bad', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-bad-1.12.0-159.2.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    'gstreamer-plugins-good' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-good', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-good-1.12.0-94.1.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-17.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-plugins-libav' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-libav', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-libav-1.12.0-1.3.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    
    
    Resolving package dependencies...
    7 Problems:
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    Problem: vlc-2.2.4-30.1.x86_64 conflicts with vlc-beta provided by vlc-beta-3.0.0+git12282-3.2.x86_64
    Problem: ffmpeg-3.3.1-143.1.x86_64 requires libavcodec57 = 3.3.1-143.1, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon-0.10.23-29.15.15.x86_64 requires libmpeg2encpp-2.0.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: vlc-beta-codecs-3.0.0+git12282-3.2.x86_64 requires libvlc_xcb_events.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.12.0-80.1.x86_64 requires gstreamer >= 1.12.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-plugins-good-extra-1.12.0-94.1.x86_64 requires gstreamer-plugins-good = 1.12.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
    
    
    
    
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
     Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
      install k3b-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64 (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
      install k3b-lang-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.noarch (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
    
    
     Solution 2: do not install k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    
    
    
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c):

    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/# zypper lr -d                                                                                                                                    
    Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    #  | Alias                           | Name                                    | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                            | Service           
    ---+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------           
     1 | Adobe_Flash_Plugin              | Adobe Flash Plugin                      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/                                   |                   
    2 | Google_Chrome                   | Google Chrome                           | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64                                   |                   
    3 | Packman_Repository              | Packman Repository                      | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                  |         
     4 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss   | Main Repository (NON-OSS)               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/              |         
     5 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss_1 | Update Repository (Non-Oss)             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/                         |         
     6 | download.opensuse.org-oss       | Main Repository (OSS)                   | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/                  |         
     7 | download.opensuse.org-oss_1     | Main Update Repository                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/oss                              |         
     8 | home:ecsos                      | home:ecsos                              | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/      |         
     9 | libdvdcss                       | libdvdcss                               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                             |         
    10 | multimedia:apps                 | multimedia:apps                         | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/apps/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ |         
    11 | multimedia:libs                 | multimedia:libs                         | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ |         
    12 | nVidia_Graphics_Drivers         | nVidia Graphics Drivers                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.2                                  |         
    13 | openSUSE-42.2-0                 | openSUSE-42.2-0                         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SH-222AB_R8FK6GAB808963     |         
    14 | packman                         | packman                                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                               |         
    15 | repo-debug                      | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Debug                | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/            |         
    16 | repo-debug-non-oss              | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Debug-Non-Oss        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/        |         
    17 | repo-debug-update               | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/oss/                       |         
    18 | repo-debug-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/                   |         
    19 | repo-source                     | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Source               | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/           |         
    20 | repo-source-non-oss             | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Source-Non-Oss       | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/       |
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8.6 | Frameworks 5.26.0 | Qt 5.6.1 | Kernel 4.4.62-18.6 | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors | 4 Desktops | 5 Activities

  2. #2

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by griadooss View Post
    VLC says:


    Code:
    Codec not supported:VLC could not decode the format "mp4a" (MPEG AAC Audio)



    I have followed the post at


    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper ref 
    Repository 'Adobe Flash Plugin' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                     
    Repository 'Main Repository (NON-OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                              
    Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                            
    Repository 'Main Repository (OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                  
    Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                 
    Repository 'home:ecsos' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                             
    Repository 'libdvdcss' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                              
    Repository 'multimedia:apps' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'multimedia:libs' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'nVidia Graphics Drivers' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                
    Repository 'packman' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                
    All repositories have been refreshed.

    but get this output when installing libraries:


    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2 dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux k3b-codecs vlc-beta h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-beta-codecs                                                                                                                               
    
    
    Loading repository data...                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Reading installed packages...                                                                                                                                                                                      
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux' not found.                                                                                                                                                      
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux' not found.                                                                                                                                                        
    Package 'gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon' not found.                                                                                                                                                              
    
    
    'gstreamer-plugins-base' is already installed.                                                                                                                                                                     
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-base', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-base-1.12.0-82.1.x86_64' to install this candidate.                            
    'gstreamer-plugins-bad' is already installed.                                                                                                                                                                      
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-bad', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-bad-1.12.0-159.2.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    'gstreamer-plugins-good' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-good', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-good-1.12.0-94.1.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-17.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-plugins-libav' is already installed.
    There is an update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-libav', but it is from a different vendor. Use 'zypper install gstreamer-plugins-libav-1.12.0-1.3.x86_64' to install this candidate.
    
    
    Resolving package dependencies...
    7 Problems:
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    Problem: vlc-2.2.4-30.1.x86_64 conflicts with vlc-beta provided by vlc-beta-3.0.0+git12282-3.2.x86_64
    Problem: ffmpeg-3.3.1-143.1.x86_64 requires libavcodec57 = 3.3.1-143.1, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon-0.10.23-29.15.15.x86_64 requires libmpeg2encpp-2.0.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: vlc-beta-codecs-3.0.0+git12282-3.2.x86_64 requires libvlc_xcb_events.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-plugins-ugly-1.12.0-80.1.x86_64 requires gstreamer >= 1.12.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: gstreamer-plugins-good-extra-1.12.0-94.1.x86_64 requires gstreamer-plugins-good = 1.12.0, but this requirement cannot be provided
    
    
    
    
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
     Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
      install k3b-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64 (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
      install k3b-lang-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.noarch (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
    
    
     Solution 2: do not install k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    
    
    
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c):

    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/# zypper lr -d                                                                                                                                    
    Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    #  | Alias                           | Name                                    | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                            | Service           
    ---+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------           
     1 | Adobe_Flash_Plugin              | Adobe Flash Plugin                      | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/                                   |                   
    2 | Google_Chrome                   | Google Chrome                           | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64                                   |                   
     3 | Packman_Repository              | Packman Repository                      | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                  |         
     4 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss   | Main Repository (NON-OSS)               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/              |         
     5 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss_1 | Update Repository (Non-Oss)             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/                         |         
     6 | download.opensuse.org-oss       | Main Repository (OSS)                   | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/                  |         
     7 | download.opensuse.org-oss_1     | Main Update Repository                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/oss                              |         
     8 | home:ecsos                      | home:ecsos                              | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/      |         
     9 | libdvdcss                       | libdvdcss                               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                             |         
    10 | multimedia:apps                 | multimedia:apps                         | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/apps/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ |         
    11 | multimedia:libs                 | multimedia:libs                         | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ |         
    12 | nVidia_Graphics_Drivers         | nVidia Graphics Drivers                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.2                                  |         
    13 | openSUSE-42.2-0                 | openSUSE-42.2-0                         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SH-222AB_R8FK6GAB808963     |         
    14 | packman                         | packman                                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/                               |         
    15 | repo-debug                      | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Debug                | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/            |         
    16 | repo-debug-non-oss              | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Debug-Non-Oss        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/        |         
    17 | repo-debug-update               | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/oss/                       |         
    18 | repo-debug-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/                   |         
    19 | repo-source                     | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Source               | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/           |         
    20 | repo-source-non-oss             | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Source-Non-Oss       | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/       |
    why is packman disabled?
    try
    Code:
    zypper mr -e -r 3
    zypper dup --from 3

  3. #3

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    you seam to have packman twice (one repo is disabled) and you have the obs multimedia:apps and multimedia:libs repo's you also have adobe's flash repo
    remove one packman repo, remove the adobe flash repo and get flash from packman as adobe's repo is not digitally signed you won't get auto updates, there are no "fully functional" multimedia packages in the multimedia: repo's
    remove the "bad repo's" and do a vendor change to packman, the commands from the above comment will work but do a little cleaning after

    ps to replace the flash packages from adobe to packman do
    Code:
    zypper rm flash-plugin
    zypper in flash-player
    the packages have different names so a vendor change will not replace them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    7,679

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by griadooss View Post
    VLC says:
    Code:
    Codec not supported:VLC could not decode the format "mp4a" (MPEG AAC Audio)
    The above instructions from @I_A should solve your problem.

    Just commenting on your subject line which make little sense...
    "mp4" is only a multimedia(usually containing video) container, by itself containers are generic and cannot be the reason why a multimedia file can or cannot work, but as a file extension often is used to determine which multimedia player would play the file by default.

    Within the "container" (of which there are many types), the multimedia content is encoded in a particular format which must be decoded by the player, in your case the specific encoding is "AAC Audio" and <that> is specifically what your error is complaining about... Your VLC Player doesn't have the AAC codec installed.

    Properly installing the codec packages from Packman should solve your problem, the AAC codec is today one of the most common.

    HTH,
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    you seam to have packman twice (one repo is disabled) and you have the obs multimedia:apps and multimedia:libs repo's you also have adobe's flash repo
    remove one packman repo, remove the adobe flash repo and get flash from packman as adobe's repo is not digitally signed you won't get auto updates, there are no "fully functional" multimedia packages in the multimedia: repo's
    remove the "bad repo's" and do a vendor change to packman, the commands from the above comment will work but do a little cleaning after

    ps to replace the flash packages from adobe to packman do
    Code:
    zypper rm flash-plugin
    zypper in flash-player
    the packages have different names so a vendor change will not replace them
    Okay thanks I_A ... have done what you suggest with the following results::
    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper lr -d
    Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.
    
    #  | Alias                           | Name                                    | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                       | Service
    ---+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
     1 | Google_Chrome                   | Google Chrome                           | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/rpm/stable/x86_64                              |         
     2 | Packman_Repository              | Packman Repository                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/             |         
     3 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss   | Main Repository (NON-OSS)               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/non-oss/         |         
     4 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss_1 | Update Repository (Non-Oss)             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/                    |         
     5 | download.opensuse.org-oss       | Main Repository (OSS)                   | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.2/repo/oss/             |         
     6 | download.opensuse.org-oss_1     | Main Update Repository                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.2/oss                         |         
     7 | home:ecsos                      | home:ecsos                              | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/ |         
     8 | nVidia_Graphics_Drivers         | nVidia Graphics Drivers                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.2                             |         
     9 | repo-debug-update               | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug         | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/oss/                  |         
    10 | repo-debug-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-Leap-42.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.2/non-oss/              |      
    

    Code:
    zypper ref  
    Repository 'Google Chrome' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Repository 'Packman Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'Main Repository (NON-OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                               
    Repository 'Main Repository (OSS)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                     
    Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                        
    Repository 'home:ecsos' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    Repository 'nVidia Graphics Drivers' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    All repositories have been refreshed.
    
    

    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-add
    on gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2 dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstrea
    mer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux k3b-codecs vlc-beta h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-beta-codecs  
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux' not found.
    Package 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux' not found.
    Package 'gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon' not found.
    'gstreamer-plugins-bad' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-bad-1.8.3-5.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-plugins-libav' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-libav-1.8.3-2.8.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-0.10.31-17.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-plugins-base' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-base-1.8.3-5.3.2.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'gstreamer-plugins-good' is already installed.
    No update candidate for 'gstreamer-plugins-good-1.8.3-5.3.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.
    'libdvdcss2' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'libdvdcss2' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...
    5 Problems:
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    Problem: vlc-2.2.4-30.1.x86_64 conflicts with vlc-beta provided by vlc-beta-3.0.0+git12282-3.3.x86_64
    Problem: gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon-0.10.23-29.15.16.x86_64 requires libmpeg2encpp-2.0.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: vlc-beta-codecs-3.0.0+git12282-3.3.x86_64 requires libvlc_xcb_events.so.0()(64bit), but this requirement cannot be provided
    Problem: ffmpeg-3.3.1-144.1.x86_64 requires libavcodec57 = 3.3.1-144.1, but this requirement cannot be provided
    
    Problem: installed k3b-2.0.3-9.1.x86_64 obsoletes k3b-codecs provided by k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
     Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
      install k3b-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64 (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
      install k3b-lang-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.noarch (with vendor change)
        openSUSE  -->  http://packman.links2linux.de
     Solution 2: do not install k3b-codecs-2.9.90+git20170220.0453-8.15.x86_64
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c): c
    
    
    What am i doing wrong????

    Thanks!

    G
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8.6 | Frameworks 5.26.0 | Qt 5.6.1 | Kernel 4.4.62-18.6 | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors | 4 Desktops | 5 Activities

  6. #6

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    do not do
    Code:
    zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2 dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux k3b-codecs vlc-beta h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-beta-codecs  
    just do
    Code:
    zypper dup --from 2
    the are several reasons for your errors
    #1 you do not have the libdvdcss2 repo (you don't really need it) so you can't install libdvdcss2\
    #2 gstreamer-0_10 packages have been depreciated and most have been removed so you can't install what no longer exists

    if you want libdvdcss2 to watch css encrypted dvd's you can get it from here without adding a repo
    Code:
    zypper in ftp://download.videolan.org/pub/SuSE/Leap_42.2/x86_64/libdvdcss2-1.4.0-1.2.x86_64.rpm
    if you really want to install those packages do (maybe the multimedia guide needs updating)
    Code:
    zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra  k3b-codecs vlc h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-codecs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    do not do
    Code:
    zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ffmpeg libdvdcss2 dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegdemux gstreamer-0_10-plugins-fluendo_mpegmux k3b-codecs vlc-beta h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-beta-codecs  
    just do
    Code:
    zypper dup --from 2
    the are several reasons for your errors
    #1 you do not have the libdvdcss2 repo (you don't really need it) so you can't install libdvdcss2\
    #2 gstreamer-0_10 packages have been depreciated and most have been removed so you can't install what no longer exists

    if you want libdvdcss2 to watch css encrypted dvd's you can get it from here without adding a repo
    Code:
    zypper in ftp://download.videolan.org/pub/SuSE/Leap_42.2/x86_64/libdvdcss2-1.4.0-1.2.x86_64.rpm
    if you really want to install those packages do (maybe the multimedia guide needs updating)
    Code:
    zypper install libxine2-codecs ffmpeg lame dvdauthor07 gstreamer-plugins-base gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon gstreamer-plugins-good-extra  k3b-codecs vlc h264enc x264 gstreamer-plugins-libav vlc-codecs
    Okay ... sounded straight forward I_A ... just did zypper dup --from 2 with this result (excuse the length paste):

    Code:
    fssd-OS422:/ # zypper dup --from 2
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Computing distribution upgrade...
    
    
    The following 9 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      libbctoolbox0 libfaac0-32bit libfaad2-32bit libid3tag0 libkcddb16 libmovit6 libmusicbrainz4 libtxc_dxtn movit-data
    
    
    The following application is going to be REMOVED:
      "VLC Media player"
    
    
    The following package is going to be REMOVED:
      s2tc
    
    
    The following 58 packages are going to be upgraded:
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-32bit gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-32bit gstreamer-plugins-bad-lang k3b k3b-lang libavcodec56 libavcodec57 libavcodec57-32bit libavdevice56 libavdevice57 libavfilter5 libavfilter6 libavformat56 libavformat57
      libavresample2 libavresample3 libavutil54 libavutil55 libavutil55-32bit libbzrtp0 libFLAC++6 libFLAC8 libgstbasecamerabinsrc-0_10-23-32bit libgstbasevideo-0_10-23-32bit libgstcodecparsers-0_10-23-32bit libgstphotography-0_10-23-32bit
      libgstsignalprocessor-0_10-23-32bit libgstvdp-0_10-23-32bit libmjpegutils-2_0-0 libmjpegutils-2_0-0-32bit libmlt++3 libmlt6 libmlt6-data libmlt6-modules libpostproc53 libpostproc54 libquicktime0 libquicktime0-32bit libsox3 libswresample1
      libswresample2 libswresample2-32bit libswscale3 libswscale4 libswscale4-32bit libvlc5 libvlccore8 libxml++-2_6-2 melt melt6 mjpegtools python-mlt sox vlc vlc-codec-gstreamer vlc-lang vlc-noX vlc-qt
    
    
    The following 6 packages are going to be downgraded:
      libfdk-aac1 libopenshot-audio3 mpg123-esound mpg123-jack mpg123-openal mpg123-pulse
    
    
    The following 14 packages are going to be reinstalled:
      liba52-0 libfaac0 libfaad2 libfdk-aac1-32bit libmp3lame0 libmp3lame0-32bit libopencore-amrnb0 libopencore-amrwb0 libshine3 libx264-148 libx264-148-32bit libxvidcore4 libxvidcore4-32bit transcode
    
    
    The following 63 packages are going to change vendor:
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-32bit      openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-32bit     openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      gstreamer-plugins-bad-lang            openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      k3b                                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      k3b-lang                              openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavcodec56                          openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavcodec57                          openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavcodec57-32bit                    openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavdevice56                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavdevice57                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavfilter5                          openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavfilter6                          openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavformat56                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavformat57                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavresample2                        openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavresample3                        openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavutil54                           openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavutil55                           openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libavutil55-32bit                     openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libbzrtp0                             openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libFLAC++6                            openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libFLAC8                              openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstbasecamerabinsrc-0_10-23-32bit  openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstbasevideo-0_10-23-32bit         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstcodecparsers-0_10-23-32bit      openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstphotography-0_10-23-32bit       openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstsignalprocessor-0_10-23-32bit   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libgstvdp-0_10-23-32bit               openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmjpegutils-2_0-0                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmjpegutils-2_0-0-32bit             openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmlt++3                             openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmlt6                               openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmlt6-data                          openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libmlt6-modules                       openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libopenshot-audio3                    obs://build.opensuse.org/multimedia:libs -> http://packman.links2linux.de
      libpostproc53                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libpostproc54                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libquicktime0                         openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libquicktime0-32bit                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libsox3                               openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswresample1                        openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswresample2                        openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswresample2-32bit                  openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswscale3                           openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswscale4                           openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libswscale4-32bit                     openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libvlc5                               openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libvlccore8                           openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      libxml++-2_6-2                        openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      melt                                  openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      melt6                                 openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      mjpegtools                            openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      mpg123-esound                         obs://build.opensuse.org/multimedia:libs -> http://packman.links2linux.de
      mpg123-jack                           obs://build.opensuse.org/multimedia:libs -> http://packman.links2linux.de
      mpg123-openal                         obs://build.opensuse.org/multimedia:libs -> http://packman.links2linux.de
      mpg123-pulse                          obs://build.opensuse.org/multimedia:libs -> http://packman.links2linux.de
      python-mlt                            openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      sox                                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      vlc                                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      vlc-codec-gstreamer                   openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      vlc-lang                              openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      vlc-noX                               openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
      vlc-qt                                openSUSE -> http://packman.links2linux.de                                
    
    58 packages to upgrade, 6 to downgrade, 9 new, 14 to reinstall, 1 to remove, 63  to change vendor.
    Overall download size: 47.2 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 21.1 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): 
    
    Checking for file conflicts: ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    
    <CLIP>
    
    Additional rpm output:
    /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib64/libbzrtp.so.0 is not a symbolic link
    
    <CLIP>
    
    Additional rpm output:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.yoX4Z8: line 2: 15843 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /usr/lib64/vlc/vlc-cache-gen -f /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins
    warning: %post(vlc-noX-2.2.4-32.4.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 139
    
    <CLIP>
    
    (77/87) Installing: vlc-qt-2.2.4-32.4.x86_64 ......................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Additional rpm output:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.24dYHm: line 1: 15848 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /usr/lib64/vlc/vlc-cache-gen -f /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins
    warning: %post(vlc-qt-2.2.4-32.4.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 139
    
    <CLIP>
    
    (78/87) Installing: vlc-2.2.4-32.4.x86_64 .........................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
    Additional rpm output:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.LjZkRy: line 1: 15852 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /usr/lib64/vlc/vlc-cache-gen -f /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins
    warning: %post(vlc-2.2.4-32.4.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 139
    
    There are some running programs that might use files deleted by recent upgrade. You may wish to check and restart some of them. Run 'zypper ps -s' to list these programs.

    and now VLC itself will not load into memory!!! ... trying to run VLC outputs:


    Code:
     >[12:56griadooss@fssd-OS422~] > vlc
    VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.3-37-g888b7e89)
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
    
    
    Any ideas??

    Thanks, G.
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8.6 | Frameworks 5.26.0 | Qt 5.6.1 | Kernel 4.4.62-18.6 | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors | 4 Desktops | 5 Activities

  8. #8

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    that looks strange
    I'd try this
    reboot, make sure vlc is closed
    do
    Code:
    zypper clean -a
    zypper up
    zypper dup --from 2

    ps before doing that what does
    Code:
    zypper se -si vlc
    say, I'm asking because I think you've got vlc from a strange place not from OSS or packman

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    ... and further .. i have since been to YAST > Software > Extras > Matching Recommended Packages and installed those suggested, with no effect.

    openSUSE Leap 42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8.6 | Frameworks 5.26.0 | Qt 5.6.1 | Kernel 4.4.62-18.6 | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors | 4 Desktops | 5 Activities

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: VLC cannot play mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    that looks strange
    I'd try this
    reboot, make sure vlc is closed
    do
    Code:
    zypper clean -a
    zypper up
    zypper dup --from 2

    ps before doing that what does
    Code:
    zypper se -si vlc
    say, I'm asking because I think you've got vlc from a strange place not from OSS or packman

    Code:
    [13:26griadooss@fssd-OS422~] > zypper se -si vlc
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    
    S | Name                | Type        | Version    | Arch   | Repository             
    --+---------------------+-------------+------------+--------+-----------------------
    i | VLC Media player    | application |            | noarch | Main Repository (OSS)  
    i | VLC Media player    | application |            | noarch | Main Update Repository
    i | libvlc5             | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | libvlccore8         | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc                 | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc-codec-gstreamer | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc-codecs          | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc-lang            | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | noarch | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc-noX             | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository     
    i | vlc-qt              | package     | 2.2.4-32.4 | x86_64 | Packman Repository    
    
    
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 | KDE Plasma 5.8.6 | Frameworks 5.26.0 | Qt 5.6.1 | Kernel 4.4.62-18.6 | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors | 4 Desktops | 5 Activities

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •